Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best 600cc bike for someone who is upgrading from a 500 or 250? Whats better yamaha, suzuki,honda or kawa? or is it just personal preference

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Pp...............but i prefer the SV 650

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
The majority of the 600's are so close in performance that I would say that personal preferance should be the deciding factor.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
It really depends on the type of riding. If you only hit curves and want to do track days get an R6. If you do all kinds of riding with a lot of highway get an f4i or 600R. If you want to be a squid go right for the gsxr 1000 and start doing stand-ups on the highway. :twofinger

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll more than likely be doin just suburbs stuff, riding w/ friends, all kind of driving really... Except for freeways im a goood rider, im just not ready for that level yet...

So the F4i is what u recommend?

·
What are you looking at?
64 Posts
No offense, Delta, but if you are not confident with your riding in all situations, you may want to hold off on getting a modern supersport bike. How long have you been riding and what bike do you have now?

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've ridden my cousin's Katana 750 and it was good... Im comfortable w/ my driving i just dont wanna get on the freeway til i finish the MSF

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Delta said:
So the F4i is what u recommend?
That's what I'd recommend but I have an F4i so my opinion is likely biased. The 'F' in 'F4i' is meant to mean, "User Friendly", according to some Honda sources.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Choose the one you like best. You can't really go wrong with any one of them... and don't let the fact that the F4i is no longer a "premium" 600 fool you, it's still a great bike.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, from the sounds of it you don't ride NOW, (moto-x) is not street. the SV would be your best bet.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
^^^^^^ +1 ...........

i race motocross for 7 yrs.. and yes it is same as streetbike, but its totally diffrent from what u ride in the dirt from riding on the streets...

start small.. always even if u know how to ride a motorcycle...

starting small is yet the best safety!

:banned

·
Registered
377 Posts
Go with the Triumph Daytona 600, the sweetest looking 600 out there!

Attachments

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Test them if possable. See what you like best no one can tell you what your going to like the most.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Go with a F4i, perfect for everything!

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
The f4i is nice but the seat sucks. I ride the shit out of mine and I wish it had a more aggressive stance sometimes. I might get something different next year. It was easy to learn on for me though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
600 class bikes

I have a 2003 Yamaha yzf 600 and my friend has a 2004 f4i and we both love our bikes the same. I am 6'1" and he is like 5'9" , he thinks that my bike is taller than his and that is why I like mine is for height and the way it fits me. I feel like the seat is too wide on his f4i and just perfect on the yzf. As far as performance they are almost identical since all we do is cruise the highways and go to work. We bought our bike like 2 months apart and he is only getting 40 mpg and I am getting 48 and the yzx 600 has carbs and the f4i is injected. I would reccomend either of these bikes to anyone but just remember you have to be the one that is comfortable on the bike. The best thing I like about our bikes is that no one else has them in town, of course we live in a small town too.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Delta said:
i've been riding dirt bikes for years, im makin the transition to street though..

I've ridden my cousin's Katana 750 and it was good... Im comfortable w/ my driving i just dont wanna get on the freeway til i finish the MSF
So basically you have no street experience and are are trying to convice people you're upgrading from the MSF course 250's to a 600 right off the bat...forget it. Stick to a 250 or 500.

Yet another :lame attempt to get people to agree with a noob starting on a 600ss! :bs

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never said i wasnt a noob, and i never said i had street experience.. All i stated was that i've driven a gsx750 before w/ no problem.. and i asked what 600 bike would someone suggest from a 250-500 upgrade... And no im not tryin to convince people anythin, i just wanted an opinion.. i probably did not explain it as well as i would of liked

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
so the exp. w/ the 250-500, isn't you, so are you asking for somebody else?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts