Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotorCyclist just did a 1000 vs 600 comparo, to see which one really was the best.
Two editors each raced each bike around the West Loop at Buttonwillow raceway. The GSX-R1000, and the ZX-6R (636).
One editor was faster on the 600, and the other was faster on the 1000. But the difference in each was under 2 seconds..
They also measured Tommy Hayden's 6RR (true 600), against Aaron Yates GSX-R 1000, raced on California Speedway. They measured lap times, and corner speeds..
There are 21 turns on this track, and the 6RR was faster in EVERY SINGLE corner by 2 to 7 MPH.. Even though it had a 90 HP disadvantage, it was faster in the corners than the GSX-R1000.
But the GSX-R made up the difference on the back straight, where it was 34 MPH faster than the 6R.
End result was the GSX-R1000 was the overall winner, because of the back straight speeds it could achieve, but the ZX-6RR is much faster in the corners..
So, 1000cc vs 600cc.. Do you want to go in a straight line, or do you like corners..???

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
The 1000 won the race thats all that matters. End of discussion. At the end of the day its doesn't matter if your faster in the corners by 2 mph... :lao , its whos standing on the podium.... :rolleyes

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
if you did a poll youll find that most peoples track bikes are 600's for that very reason, I got my 600 hybrid track/street looking for a ltr for the town and hwy

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Qwikk said:
The 1000 won the race thats all that matters. End of discussion. At the end of the day its doesn't matter if your faster in the corners by 2 mph... :lao , its whos standing on the podium.... :rolleyes
last time I checked ltrs didnt compete against .6's at the races :bitchslap

·
Registered
456 Posts
We must all bow to the 600's for being faster in the corners. :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Now go get a liter because they're more applicable in the real world. :cheers

·
Registered
456 Posts
So, 1000cc vs 600cc.. Do you want to go in a straight line, or do you like corners..???[/QUOTE]

Why did you have to start this again??

Liter bikes can be enjoyed in the corner just as much as a 600 can.

·
Registered
809 Posts
eh...
those numbers could be for alot of reasons.
the only advantage a 600 has is weight, and it's not very much.

ridden at their full potential, a 600 and 1000 will be VERY close through the tight parts of the track.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
gungho said:

Now go get a liter because they're more applicable in the real world. :cheers
ho ho :lao , you're funny, a 1000 is more applicable in the 'real world' :lao than a 600. What kind of world do you ride in ?

Where do you redline a litre bike through the gears ?, where do you redline a litre bike in top ?.

...so if you don't do either, how is a litre bike 'more applicable' ?, the only place I can think of (and I ride a 900cc+) is the torque you get from rolling it on through the gears when you're feeling lazy on a long journey.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just get a 750 and enjoy both worlds.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
I have a 636 and enjoy both :) lol well not really, but I have no desire for a liter bike, I enjoy wringing my 600's neck every once in a while... and its nice to be a bit more... "generous" with the throttle on the track and on the street and not have to worry about that back tire! (not as much at least)

·
Registered
456 Posts
bomma said:
ho ho :lao , you're funny, a 1000 is more applicable in the 'real world' :lao than a 600. What kind of world do you ride in ?

Where do you redline a litre bike through the gears ?, where do you redline a litre bike in top ?.

...so if you don't do either, how is a litre bike 'more applicable' ?, the only place I can think of (and I ride a 900cc+) is the torque you get from rolling it on through the gears when you're feeling lazy on a long journey.
Why do you have to be such a smart ass?? I live in the same world you do. You think just because we have a difference of opinion, yours is right and mine is wrong? Maybe you should read my reply before lowering yourself to such a level.

Where did I say anything about redline a liter bike, but if you just have to know Texas is pretty damn big, pretty damn flat, and has some long ass straight roads, that's where. Applying a liter bike to the street does NOT mean wringing the damn thing out everytime you ride, it's much easier to apply power to the ground. It's much easier to have a spirited ride without buzzing your damn head off. Their not skittish in the midrange, where most of the spirited riding is done. Whereas a 600 must be strangled to have fun on.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
gungho said:
Why do you have to be such a smart ass?? I live in the same world you do. You think just because we have a difference of opinion, yours is right and mine is wrong? Maybe you should read my reply before lowering yourself to such a level.

Where did I say anything about redline a liter bike, but if you just have to know Texas is pretty damn big, pretty damn flat, and has some long ass straight roads, that's where. Applying a liter bike to the street does NOT mean wringing the damn thing out everytime you ride, it's much easier to apply power to the ground. It's much easier to have a spirited ride without buzzing your damn head off. Their not skittish in the midrange, where most of the spirited riding is done. Whereas a 600 must be strangled to have fun on.
I wasn't being a smart ass, smart ass :) . Your 'real world' is obviously different to my 'real world', in terms of bikes anyway.

Where I live a well ridden 600 will keep up with a well ridden 1000 (we're talking road riding) and there aren't many places a litre bike would see off a modern 600ss bike on the road.

Obviously Texas is different to England :lao

so we'll do a deal, You keep your panties on and I'll keep mine on :) :lao

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Isn't there another whole thread full of this "my dick is b***** than yours" "oh, yeah, well I can use all of my dick when riding" crap?

·
Registered
456 Posts
bomma said:
I wasn't being a smart ass, smart ass :) . Your 'real world' is obviously different to my 'real world', in terms of bikes anyway.

Where I live a well ridden 600 will keep up with a well ridden 1000 (we're talking road riding) and there aren't many places a litre bike would see off a modern 600ss bike on the road.

Obviously Texas is different to England :lao

so we'll do a deal, You keep your panties on and I'll keep mine on :) :lao
Done deal....................

smartass! J/K

·
Registered
833 Posts
Blah, blah, blah...

I still prefer riding a liter bike on the street. Hey, if you prefer a 600 then good for you. Its all about personal preference and I won't try to convince anyone that a liter or 600 is better/worse.

Whatever floats yer boat.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts