Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
500r fender eleminator pics

I am looking to make a fender eleminator for my 2004 ninja 500r.
I am woundering if any of you have some good pictures of the fender eleminator on their bike so I can see How you guys did it.
Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
I bought the Competition Werkes fender eleminator. Below are some crappy pics I just took (in the middle of the night) of what it looks like.

Also, if your state requires inspection stickers, then in my pic you can see where I had mounted mine

The whole kit is just the metal bracket and a couple of nuts & washers.

You have to take the seat, rear side farings and the rear handle off. Then you take off the original fender and replace it with a new one. The biggest pain in the ass was to take off the metal bracket off of the origianl fender, so you can secure the new kit (just take your time ripping it out).

Then you disconnect the rear turn signals, pull them out of the origianl fender and put them on the kit (make sure not only to use the washer provided with the kit, but also re-use the rubber washer from the original fender).

check if all the lights work, and at the right positions

Then put everything back together.

BTW, I used that opportunity to also change 2 brake bulbs. I've put in those pulsating ones, so maybe people would pay more attention to me while I'm braking :dunno (about $25/ea)

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
in the second pic you can actually see the Sarachu view from the rear

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That helps some if you can take some pictures Of like up behind the license plate of the bracket. That you actually bought When you get a chance So i can make one our just buy one If it is to hard Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd have to disassemble the whole thing to get a pic of it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made it today I had a couple hours to spare when it was raining. So i figured it was the perfect time to try.

·
Registered
981 Posts
500r said:
I made it today I had a couple hours to spare when it was raining. So i figured it was the perfect time to try.

whatd u make it out of, and any closeup pics on how its put togehter?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really just took a marker and drew Out how I wanted it on the stock fender then took it all a part And took my dremel and I cut it out. Then if you look at the pictures i also moved the lights in so they actually are up under the plastic some so they don't stick out I am really happy how it turned out. It real only took me a bout a hour to an hour and half to do it all. And it was cheaper than buying it for 60.00 dollars. Look at the pictures and if you have more questions just let me know.

·
Registered
981 Posts
hm...i like the way that looks. may have to do that when i get more spare time and can get to my dad's house for a garage to work in.

·
Registered
584 Posts
After doing years of car modifications, I gave-in to the idea of buying nicely produced things. I still usually try to do things myself, but then I don't like little imperfections (like that rough edge you got).. so I get the real thing.

But I guess, it's always good to experiment :dunno

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to take it back off when I get some more time and Really sand it and make it look nice our I can take it to work and just have them machine me one out of metal.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Not bad man, not bad at all! Just sand that thing down and round the edges out a little bit and it'll look like OEM.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i don't have a bike yet.....but after looking at the pics, i got an idea....

what about mounting clear or amber side markers (like the ones available at autozone, etc. for cars) on the rear fairing itself? you'd have to drill holes in the fairing, but imo, it would look much more cleaner than any setup i've seen here. is this setup even feasable?

·
Registered
58 Posts
for those w/the 500s.....what is under the black plastic fender?? i'm asking cause i'm thinking of removing it completely doing something totally different. of course, i'm gonna have to buy the bike first, but nothing wrong w/getting ideas during the winter before. :D

also, are motorbikes required to have lights on their license plates?? do they even come w/license plate lights?

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Underneath the black plastic fender is...nothing! That's the problem.
Also if you remove the stock plate/rear signal assembly like I did....it's a good idea to fab up some kind of aluminum piece or something to cover there because without that, it's an open hole right to the bottom of your seat and the taillight wiring going there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
although i've never closely examined the tail of the 500......this is what i plan to do:
remove the fender entirely. create a license plate holder with a small aluminum plate that would cover up the hollow tail and have a spot for the license plate (providing i don't need a light on it). i'm either gonna incorporate my turn signals into my brake lights or install car-style side-marker on the rear tail where the "500r" decal is on the older 500's. man....i can't wait to get it :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts