Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That helps me identify the year of my motorcycle...

The bike is a recovered theft auction purchase. The original VIN was filed off. The DMV issued a new VIN but its coded for a 1995 model and the title reads 1996 model.

If it's indeed a 1995 model I can ask for at least $500 more when I sell it.

What color(s) was available with what model year? Judging by the graphics on the front fairing, I think my bike came with the green, pink, purple & white color/graphics scheme.

Was the mesh in the ram air intakes available on the 1995 model?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
edit: i think its a 95

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you kind sir. I've been searching for good images on both model years ALL FREAKING MORNING.

Where can I send the $50 too? :beer

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
no i say its a 95

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
eh i dunno now im startin to think its a 96. just disregard all of my comments, i have no more useful information to better this thread.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr. Lesbian said:
Look at the both pics of Neversumr22. The tank characteristics is a "95" but the side fairing on yours looks like a '96.
You are correct sir. Both model years have the same scheme on the tank. :a2

On the 1995 model, is the white on the front fascia PAINT or is it vinyl? Based on the color of my bike and judging by the images you found, I believe it's a 1996 model.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I don't think you can tell. I found out the picture in my first pic is a non US model I think that's why the tank is different. I think they are the exact same for both years. Can't you run the VIN?

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nevrsumr22 said:
Can't you run the VIN?
Both VINs were scrubbed when the bike was stolen. The one on the frame was drilled out and the one on the engine casing was ground off. Which is why the DMV issued another VIN number. But that VIN code is for a 1995 model.

I may just take it to the local Kawa dealership and see if they can shed anymore light on this.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Hahaha 50 bucks on the line and nobody can figure it out that's quality stuff.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts