Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it looks like not much activity is in this sub-forum so I'm going to post up.

Ever since I saw rim stripes, I wanted them, but my old bike (FZ6) just didn't seem right with them. So finally, now being a proud owner of the RC51, I went to Pep Boys and picked up a $5 pack of pinstriping tape.

I went to work and after about 30 minutes this is what I ended up with. The color isn't a perfect match and it's not the truest circle, but from 2 feet away, you can't tell. ok ok...no more writing. Let me know what you guys/gals think?

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did the same thing on my F4. I think it looks pretty nice. :dblthumb

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
How long is thta shit gonna stay on? I mean, what are you going to do when it starts peeling? Reapply? take off?
My powder coated rims get chipped all the time from my riding, so I would suspect the stripe would come off as well, I could be wrong.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm anxious to find out about that myself. It's pretty hot here in Oklahoma so maybe it'll bake on or at the other extreme, maybe the heat will melt the glue and it'll start sliding off. I'll give an update in a couple of weeks or whenever I see degradation. I ain't worried too much for $5 though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hams51 said:
Well, it looks like not much activity is in this sub-forum so I'm going to post up.

Ever since I saw rim stripes, I wanted them, but my old bike (FZ6) just didn't seem right with them. So finally, now being a proud owner of the RC51, I went to Pep Boys and picked up a $5 pack of pinstriping tape.

I went to work and after about 30 minutes this is what I ended up with. The color isn't a perfect match and it's not the truest circle, but from 2 feet away, you can't tell. ok ok...no more writing. Let me know what you guys/gals think?
I like it, in fact, I recommended it to a friend with a 2002 RC51. However, I would use a pen, because IMO, the tape will throw the wheels off balance, at least for me. I have a 2001 gixxer with white wheels, I put yellow tape around the wheels in the same fashion as you have here, but I felt the vibration from the weight of the tape. It looks super good, and others might not be as sensitive as me and that balance bit won't matter!! :)

ceh

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that you are *one* with your '51 Ceh. I have still yet to find that zen, but once I do, all will be well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Vibration from the weight of the tape ?????????????

I think you might of knocked something loose at VIR :)

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments! I went on a ride earlier this morning and they held up fine through some spirited riding. I love that word- spirited. There were some water/grime on the road after a downpour that I missed, thankfully, but they still look good. I'm going to have to wash my bike tomorrow so let's see how it reacts to direct water. I'm guessing they'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My brother has pin stripes on his 954. There is a pic of it in my photo gallery. His stripes have stayed on for 3 track days and at least 1000 miles so far.

Looks good Hams51. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts