Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and we are back safe and sound. This trip was just damn awesome.

Only me, kazlab, snookay, and scuffed kneed made it (other 2 were no shows...bitches :D). Rode up around the Blue Ridge Parkway, and on rd 210 (i think). 210 was switchback after switchback. Some 90* "curves" and the like. Awesome freakin road.

For those that didn't make it, we are going back in 2 weeks. I'll post the details for that trip later this week.

Anyways, I'll let Kazlab tell the rest of the story. LOTS of pics to come.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, btw Kazlab... hah hah bitch....i beat you to starting the thread. :twofinger

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Glad we made it home safely. Lots of stories form this trip. The best one ever for me I think. Just the combination of events.

The road you mentioned is actually 221 South from Blowing Rock to Linville. Bad ass road right there. Except for the wet spots and the prick in the Porshe who we showed who was boss. Here are pics...it will only load a couple for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
damn thats alot of pics.... I made it home. too tired to post the pics from my camera, will do tomrrow. Oh and my bike did something completely weird and fucked up when i got near my house. Ill explain that tomrrow as well.

Trip was fun as hell, must do it again. Surprised you didnt tell em about the kid who wanted to show off on the freeway. I think you ppl call them squids. Gnite.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dam guyz, sounds like you had fun. Glad you guyz are back safely. I got up with Mr. Sal tonight, very cool dude. I'd like to make the next trip too. I might have another Wilmington buddy tag along as well. Tragik, gimme the details!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That's some really nice views yall got there in NC and some sharp looking bikes.

Put some names to the faces so the rest of us will know who is who.

·
Registered
355 Posts
glad you guy had fun.i WILL make the next one.how much was the hotel?how long did it take you to get there?anyhoo........ :80500 :02mgp :80500 :02mgp :flipa

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
No Hotel...we rode through the night...got home about 11:45...3 hours to the top of the Mountain at Deep Gap...

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alaska cajun said:
That's some really nice views yall got there in NC and some sharp looking bikes.

Put some names to the faces so the rest of us will know who is who.
12th pic down from the top. Guy on the far left is Snookay (sorry dude, I forgot your real name AGAIN....), guy in middle is ScuffedKnees (Tony), and guy on right is me (Will). The guy NOT in THAT pic, is Kazlab (Mike).

bumpy - yeah, no hotel. We left the citgo at around 12:30pm, and I got back to my house at around 11:30. 3 hours each way, and spent 5 hours riding around, BSing, and takin pics. The ride wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Snookay - Dude, for only have been riding 6 days, you can ride man. Definately MUCH better than I was at day 6. lol.

This was definately the best trip I've ever made on a bike. Great scenery, great roads, and people to ride with. Well worth the 3 hour ride to get there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Looks like fun, wish I could have been there...... :cheers

Any police encounters?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No encounters with the cops with us, thank God as we'd have been locked up if we did. :D Cops didn't seem to be to bad out yesterday. I think we may have seen 2 ppl pulled over the entire trip, and one wreck on the way back.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
N-Ish said:
Looks like fun, wish I could have been there...... :cheers

Any police encounters?
Anytime you want to ride with me Nate, the door will always be open. I thought about the last ride out there. :cheers

Not one Police Encounter and we were wide open 90% of the time, expecially coming and going. We came down off that mountain in about 5 minutes...usually takes like 15-20...Bahahaha...
After the twistys on 221 I was tapped out...I had to take it kinda easy for a little bit til I got my strength back. The roads were too wet and my concentration level was too high for too long. Will was behind me and said I was kickin up a rooster tail....
I'm ready to go again... :banana :banana :banana

·
Registered
791 Posts
i did the last 130+ miles laying on my tank at 90mph. Trip was a blast, I gained some riding skill and learned something.

I'm just happy the car that came into my lane at a certain curve didnt clip me. The DOWN the mountain trip was the Exhilerating. 4 bikes, 100+mph, long curves, almost Zero traffic.... if only i had an mp3 player on at the time. I actually wanted to drive back up that mountain side to come down it again but I decided not to push my luck since my back tire was going bald.

I cant upload any of my pictures of you guys because I had my camera in the "best" quality mode. So the sizes are all about 1.3 mb. But if any of you guys want me to email you the pics i took let me know.

Mike & Toni, please email me all the pics you took. [email protected]

·
Registered
552 Posts
mp3 players are DA SHIT. I got mine Friday night and tested it out yesterday. That was the funnest time I've ever had riding. Was well worth the $100 for the Mp3 player.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Yeah I just got the Sony Walkman 1Gig one. Made the long straight rides so damn nice.
I loaded about 200 songs for the trip and that thing was rockin. Coming down the Mtn, I had A Perfect Circle's "Counting Bodies Like Sheep" playing and it had me feeling the ride, as I passed the cars, I could hear..."Go back to sleep" and smiled... I highly recommend one for long trips. Much better than the sounds of wind and cars. :dblthumb

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
Wow What a great trip ! Snook, Kaz, Trag, Thank you guys ! That trip was the best ! By the end of the trip it felt like we had been riding together for along time !! :cheers

snook-great job !! Only a couple days on the bike !!! :phatyo
Kaz- nicky haden watch out if this guy ever gets a bike with a straight frame.
tragik- its hard to describe the feeling you get , when your leaned over in a curve, 12 in from the back tire of a sv , and you see brake lights.

lets do it again soon!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
To all of you with your mp3 players, :surprised .

scuffed knees - post up your pics man.

As far as seeing my brake lights, well, has your puckered ass UN puckekered yet? :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts