Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Im about to my 4000 mi mark! WOW what a bike! I have a couple questions though.

1. Should I wait until it is 4000 or would 3600 miles be ok to get the maitenance check done?

2. What should I expect from the dealership when they do the check up?

3. Why are my front brakes squeeking a bit?

Ok thats all I have. This Forum is the best.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Major stuff, have the dealer do it.

Simple stuff: do it yourself, keep receipts/records for warrantee. (download the manual) Learn your bike and check the chain and tire pressures often.
*A nice torque wrench helps*

I haven't had the best luck with dealer service depts. My 2 pennies

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I understand I can do the small stuff. I guess Im concerned about knowing about the spark plugs and brakes. Im a new rider and my first bike so I want to be sure everything is ok. The only thing that I would take it to the dealer for is the maitenance. Do you think I should just let it ride and forget the dealers!?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
get the manual and get ur hands dirty. With the manual in hand a lot of the things you need to do are fairly easy. There are still some things you want to bring it someplace for until you figure it out yourself though. At the moment I still have the shop put on new tires when needed. But if I do bring it in for something other then that I usually have them do a bunch of stuff even if I can do it myself. I figure it's there so why not right :)
Like last time I had new tires put on I had them install the new sprockets and chain I got ..... I mean they had to take the tire off anyway so why not. Doing it that way saves on labor cost, if I didn't need new tires I would have done the sprocket/chain myself.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is give it time and you'll figure out what you can do and what you need to bring it in the shop for. And when you do bring it in you'll figure out things to have them do while it's there like the new tires w/ sprocket/chain install, or new tires with fork oil change or some other combo type "while it's there" kinda stuff.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
rudjazz said:
1. Should I wait until it is 4000 or would 3600 miles be ok to get the maitenance check done?
It definatly can't hurt, better to get things done sooner then later. If you have the time and notice your close to the due date for a particular thing might as well do it then. If you wait you might forget and go over the due date, that's a bad thing when it comes to stuff like oil changes and stuff like that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have an reservation tommarrow. I guess i will just do it. The plus side to the whole thing is that they will dyno my bike since the put my new exhaust on (Two bros) amd its running to lean. it backfires on deacceleration. They should do this for free as far as im concerned. The total cost $181 and no worries. I think its worth it since I use my bike to commute and get me to A to B. Your thoghts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts