Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took out my stock 06' DRZ400SM and got mine up to 104 mph as indicated on my digital speedo. I was just wondering what speed did you guys get yours up to? I do know that speedos aren't that accurate but, the speed trap machine did read 99 mph going northbound. I don't know how accurate it is or if it was properly calibrated. Please don't explain to me that I was most likely doing 88-90 mph. I already know this. I was just wondering how fast have you gone with yours. The conditions were all stock settings, even factory psi and a 215 lb rider not including gear travelling on a straight flat highway possibly with a downhill sweep but, slightly windy and high 60's. It was done on I-75 N & S near Valdosta, Ga. To anyone that has driven in Ga 104 mph is not fast when moms in minivans do this on a regular in the slow lane. :eatpop

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah I hit 103 indicated and that was 94 on my GPS, on my 05 stock sm. I got it there once just to see what it would do. Since then I've switched to a 44 tooth rear sprocket which lowered topend but made wheelies so much easier... I generally avoid the hwy/interstate like the plague... backroads are more fun.

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I may try a new rear sprocket if I don't stroke the motor. Backroads is where it shines. Take it down to Jennings and run down the sportbikes. That's just as fun as the backroads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts