Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to sell my bike and best I've been offered is $4,500. My bike is an 01 Honda CBR600f4i w/8,200miles. Only damage are small area of scrapes on one ferring. I could have sold it for $4,500 months ago but decided to hang onto it, and now a dude wants to do $800 or so down and pay out the rest??? I looked up book price and when/where I found it they showed $5,200, ppl look at me like i'm crazy when I say I'm asking $4500, is that insanely high or something cause it seems kinda low to me?

·
Registered
522 Posts
over here people are asking for about $5500 obo for an 01 F4i, so I think $4500 is a great price. I wish I could get one for about that price.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You'd be crazy to let anyone have the bike with money down and pay the rest later. What are you a bank? You'll be ripped off for sure. $4500 for a dumped f4i seems abouit right though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
benny is right though, if they don't have ALL the cash up front, they shouldn't even be looking at your bike. Unless it's a friend or someone you know tha twill pay you back for sure, I wouldn't even consider it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i sold my mint f4 for 4500 and it had 11k on it...you should be able to get close to 5k for it, and only take the full amount, dont let anyone make payments to you...banks are for loans not you

·
Registered
171 Posts
The payment plan will just get you one less freind..... in my opinion

Maybe you will have better success with your freind but in my experience, you will wind up with out a bike or a freind

God BLess

·
Registered
199 Posts
the payment plan is a bad idea. If you do it though, be sure there is a contract signed and notorized to be legal. And if the person misses a payment or two, you can recollect the bike with no return of money. Also getting a photocopy of his Drivers License would not be a bad deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jtoker13 said:
the payment plan is a bad idea. If you do it though, be sure there is a contract signed and notorized to be legal. And if the person misses a payment or two, you can recollect the bike with no return of money. Also getting a photocopy of his Drivers License would not be a bad deal.
Yea I doubt I will do the payments thing, thats just BS.
Officially the bike has only been tipped over while parked, never while moving at all. I'll get pics of the said damage as soon as I can.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Where do you live? I have noticed that in some places bikes are a lot cheaper.

·
who......me????
293 Posts
like someone else said get a contract if for some strange reason you do decide to do the payment plan and dont' sign the title over to you get the last payment.

I sold my 01 F4i this spring for $4700 to a friend...otherwise it would have been $5000 at the least

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah, i think this thread is still priced low. Depending on how good other maintence stuff is on the bike, and how clean it is, you should get way more then that. If it was mine, I'd ask for 5200 and take 5000 the least. People in general are low-ballers. I know because i've sold a ton of parts/other stuff online. Usually, I've had to tell 20 people to f-off before i got an offer that i wanted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 02 f4i for $4400 w/ gear......but the bike also been laid down on the left side and had 13000 miles on it. I just sold it for $4500 w/o the gear.

The damages on your bike doesnt look too bad, you should be able to get more then $4500 for it. I dont know though, cause I do live in Cali and things do tend to cost more here.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ya know... For that scuff on your lower fairing all you need is a new $40 sticker from ronayers.com. You scuffed the red part it seems, which is entirely a sticker. The lowers are all black underneath.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Sold my 02 F4i with less then 4000 miles on it for 5000...no one even questioned the price and it had been down. Shouldn't have a problem getting 4500 for yours

1 - 20 of 22 Posts