Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy stops up at my work almost every week. I dont remember what kind of cruiser he has but you can hear the beast coming from 2 miles down the road. Somehow he got a 350 small-block inside of the frame of this cruiser bike. It has got to be one of the sickest sounding bikes i have ever heard when he fires it up. Except of course for 6 929's goin through a Cincinnati tunnel @ 100+mph speeds !! Anyways just thought it'd be an interesting topic!! maybe i should get a pic of it and post that !!

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
It's probably called a "Boss Hoss."

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
http://www.bosshoss.com/

They've been putting Chevy 350's into (I think) Harley frames for quite a while now. I remember hearing about them what seems like forever ago. Not sure exactly how long they've been around though.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Also a number of trikes have similiar set-ups. Still in that case I would go for a proper cage.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
They could put whatever they wanted into that piece of scrapmetal and a Ninja 250 would still leave it in the dust on a road with turns (most eavery road). Interesting though.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I seen them at bike week. :gay

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
wescoas1 said:
They could put whatever they wanted into that piece of scrapmetal and a Ninja 250 would still leave it in the dust on a road with turns (most eavery road). Interesting though.

I'm gonna guess the kind of person that buys a Boss Hoss isn't buying it to go fast through the twisties...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had the "pleasure" of riding one of these last year. The concept is cool at a show when its parked and IMHO awful when you ride it. The are 2 speed autos and have reverse because the damn thing is so heavy and cumbersome that you cannot roll it around easily. Its also so wide that its tough to plant both feet. It doesn't turn worth a shit obviously and stopping wasn't all that great either. The power is pretty cool, I will give it that and having a V8 sound on a bike is preyty cool too. And every where you go people ask about the damn thing.....IMHO there are FAR better ways to spend $40,000 though

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are not very fast either... We raced a group of them and stomped all over them. we even were going in a straight line so they could try to use there power but they just have too much weight.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The one I rode was a 350 and it was really torquey and was fairly quicky for a heavy bike. I am told the 502 powered ones are really fast.....Figure a 502 in a 3500 lb car will run 12s.....on an 1100lb bike its gotta move...

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
The weight is not a problem on Boss Hoss bikes, it is the transmisions. They don't have space for a proper 4 speed or 5 speed tranny, they just have 2 gears that are extremely LOW, it would be like driving a car with 3rd and 5th gear only...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts