Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend have bean out on backroads practicing wheelies and we've gotten pretty good. Around here, and probably everywhere else ,all the people see a sportbike and want to see a wheelie I new where the cop was at so I lofted one up only to find an unmarked car pulling me over. The cop was pretty cool though he used to have a bike till he got married so anyways I"ve learned my lesson not to give in to the pressure because its not worth it. Ill keep them up on the backroads

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
wow, not bad at only 3 point a $100 could of been ALOT worse.. like No license..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think it was because he had a bike before ,he said It could have been alot worse ,but it still sucks.

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Plead not guilty and take it to court. Plea bargain the 3 points down to a lesser charge. Tell the prosecutor you will take any money fine over the 3 points. He won't care; all he cares about his his conviction %.

Stone

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah I would plead it down. I had a cop pull myself and a friend of last month and gave us Careless driveing which is $135 and 3points. He even threatend us with "Drag Raceing" if we tried to fight it. So we went and talked to the prosecutor and we now have a speeding ticket for 1-10mph over which comes with 2points and $60. It's about the lowest ticket he could give us. Michigan sucks because even 1mph over is automatic 2points but atleast it looks better than Careless driveing.

Wes

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
God sucks for you all, down here in ky we have whats called the shelf. if you haven't had a ticket for a year you can put it up for 6months if you dont get in trouble during that time period it's dropped you can do that once every 2 years. But also you can go to traffic school once a year, 4hr class that gets you out of the ticket, cost about 135bux but worth no points. Most judges around here are fairly easy going. I've been let out of a No MC Liscense, 87/55, Reckless driving. Not to mention countless others I've plea bargained. I have a 2 page record "18 offenses" and only have 5 that actually hit me. 2 were not at fault accidents, 3 were tickets I couldn't get out of. one ticket was originally for speeding, racing, illegal passing, diregarding 2 stop signs, no headlights on @ night. The girl with me knew the cop, I got unsafe driving, that was the ticket 2 points 127.90 was the price i paid.

·
Registered
681 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
God sucks for you all, down here in ky we have whats called the shelf. if you haven't had a ticket for a year you can put it up for 6months if you dont get in trouble during that time period it's dropped you can do that once every 2 years. But also you can go to traffic school once a year, 4hr class that gets you out of the ticket, cost about 135bux but worth no points. Most judges around here are fairly easy going. I've been let out of a No MC Liscense, 87/55, Reckless driving. Not to mention countless others I've plea bargained. I have a 2 page record "18 offenses" and only have 5 that actually hit me. 2 were not at fault accidents, 3 were tickets I couldn't get out of. one ticket was originally for speeding, racing, illegal passing, diregarding 2 stop signs, no headlights on @ night. The girl with me knew the cop, I got unsafe driving, that was the ticket 2 points 127.90 was the price i paid.
Jeezus man....you NEED to get control of yourself, and loose the nonchalant attitude about getting away with breaking the law.

BTW, you just admitted to all that on a public forum that has and is watched by police. D'oh!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cop said he wouldnt have cared but he seen me stand one up leaving the gas station,that was the second time he seen me I never new he was even there,so I probably deserve a ticket but from now on im just keeping them up out in the boonies

·
Registered
38 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
Holy sh*t your record is bad! :eek: For all the money you've spent on tickets you could've bought yourself another bike! Slow down and ride safe for once.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I need to chill also. I find myself pulling wheelies where I shouldn't. No stand ups or anything like that but it's in areas where a cop could easily be. It's 5 points in MD for wreckless driving.

·
Registered
522 Posts
good thing you're fairly close to 25, 3 points added a nice increase in my insurance rates. But definitely could have been worse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts