Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if this is the way the motorcycle retail market is going to treat me I QUIT!!! I have ordered 4 things for my motorcycle so far this year.

A leather jacket from a local place in MN and the wrong color came :bitchslap

A pair of gloves from kneedraggers and the wrong color came :bitchslap

A set of frame sliders from FS6 and the bolts were wrong :bitchslap

The only damn thing that was correct was my helmet :dblthumb

WTF is up with retailers???? Its starting to piss me off that nobody seems to get shit right except for a guy running out of his garage :bitchslap

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
segue00 said:
I would suggest to order online, but that wouldn't be a guarantee either.
Locally I'm 50% success. . . .Online (KneeDraggers and FS6) a big fat 0%

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
To FS6's credit, they issued a recall and sent out replacement parts practically immediately.

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
yea, these guys are on serious crack, jazzmotorsports.com, had scorpions listed at like 260.00, kneedraggers.com, listed at 270.00, parts411.com had akropovic for 490.00, pipecity.com has scorps for 370.00, i have placed an order through ALL these companies and gotten calls back saying they could not sell them that cheap. all of them upped the price atleast 200.00. so i just call everytime i try ordering, forget ordering exhaust online period!

·
Registered
251 Posts
rah7777777 said:
yea, these guys are on serious crack, jazzmotorsports.com, had scorpions listed at like 260.00, kneedraggers.com, listed at 270.00, parts411.com had akropovic for 490.00, pipecity.com has scorps for 370.00, i have placed an order through ALL these companies and gotten calls back saying they could not sell them that cheap. all of them upped the price atleast 200.00. so i just call everytime i try ordering, forget ordering exhaust online period!
Ecommerce sucks sometimes....well, most of the time, lol. I run a computer parts & accessories ecommerce site out of a retail store and margins with ecommerce are so thin that sometimes, if a site isn't well-maintained, supplier prices will swing too far and catch the ecommerce site off guard- some people have the uncanny ability to find that one item, among the many, that had the most serious price shift upwards from the supplier. Dunno about the motorcycle parts & accessories market, but for computer crap, prices can and do shift daily on some components.

Wrong colors/sizes/part comes from, in part, a lot of ecommerce places doing drop-ships straight out of a 3rd party warehouse and having poor quality control...part of the price war thing in some cases. So far, I've had good luck with the likes of Kneedraggers.com, Derbycycles.com, Brocktoncycle.com, and Ronayers.com.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You should send a few boys around on their PeeWee 50's and sort out the whole damn mess.

:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts