Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next month, I have to spend 3.5 days in Denver CO area. What are the must see things to do there or see. Any kick ass motorcycle shops that I should not miss?

All I plan to do is see a NHL Hockey game and drive to Cheyenne.

How about Colorado Springs is that nice? Or Boulder? Looking to avoid typical Suburbs with strips mall full of Best Buys, Verizon, TGIF, and Target. You know boring stuff I can see back home. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hopefully everything there is back to normal by then. Flooding hit that area pretty hard.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Dude give me the dates. You can go to the Mega Church in Co. Springs, Pikes Peak. Closer to Denver Red Rocks. If you just want to look around, drive West on 70 and head into the mountains. That will give you nice scenery and good roads. I've come to realize that all the mountains look the same. The roads in the mtns will make your booty pucker. I've always had dreams of going over a cliff - Well being in CO makes it a reality.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
I would say Rocky Mtn. National Park and Estes Park but that whole area and a lot more have really been hit and hit hard by flooding. Officials are racing against the winter snows to get the roads in decent shape.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can still hike the flatirons/bear peak at NCAR in Boulder. other than that, Boulder got pretty wiped clean I believe. I know a lot of people really liked Pearl Street in Boulder for the localized shopping. otherwise the rest is your typical busy suburb

motorcycle shops: performance cycle on broadway is legit (apparrel, not bikes for sale)

rent a car from mile high drives. not sure how much money you have to burn but you can rent a corvette for like $300/day, a mustang even cheaper. or you can drive a ferrari/lambo/GTR whatever up a canyon for about $500

everywhere good has been hit by floods lately whether in the most recent ones in Boulder/front range or Colorado springs, so if it's mountainous things you want then yea you should take 70 to Loveland Pass/Breck and whatnot

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude give me the dates. You can go to the Mega Church in Co. Springs, Pikes Peak. Closer to Denver Red Rocks. If you just want to look around, drive West on 70 and head into the mountains. That will give you nice scenery and good roads. I've come to realize that all the mountains look the same. The roads in the mtns will make your booty pucker. I've always had dreams of going over a cliff - Well being in CO makes it a reality.
Oct 17 to Oct. 21

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Look at that switchback! lookout mtn
Rode Lookout Mtn twice while I was out there. Not going to lie, not my favorite road. My Wisconsin ass is far too lazy for that many switchbacks in that short amount of time. With that being said it is an awesome road and a must if you get out that way. And a sweet view of Golden to boot!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back, I did not enjoy Denver typical big City lots of traffic.
So went up to Cheyenne and enjoyed the downtown historic area a lot, my kind of place, feels like I'm in a 1950s movie set.
Also drove to Larimer WY liked that too, I guess I am a small town guy at heart.
Than drove to some small town like Pine Bluff and than Bushnell, Nebraska where they still have volunteer fire depts. and some roads that are half dirt half concrete.

Really that's why I travel. I use to live in Hong Kong and NYC, it nice to get away from millions of rushed people.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
since i work from home and don't know much about Denver and its traffic. I came to Colorado to snowboard, and moved to denver first so i could be around people. If you want the mountains and small town feel you have to escape the CITY.

Sounds like you had a good trip, and it's something i will do after winter.1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got back, I did not enjoy Denver typical big City lots of traffic.
So went up to Cheyenne and enjoyed the downtown historic area a lot, my kind of place, feels like I'm in a 1950s movie set.
Also drove to Larimer WY liked that too, I guess I am a small town guy at heart.
Than drove to some small town like Pine Bluff and than Bushnell, Nebraska where they still have volunteer fire depts. and some roads that are half dirt half concrete.

Really that's why I travel. I use to live in Hong Kong and NYC, it nice to get away from millions of rushed people.
Man, I definitely get that. Denver isn't a very big city, yet it manages to be one of the worst to have to deal with. I'm glad in my job I don't commute to work within Denver much ever, because I'd lose it. I didn't mind living in Los Angeles so much because it's huge and you know traffic is supposed to be bad. Denver, not so much but it's not any better. Freeways are smaller than they should be, hell Oklahoma City has a better freeway system than Denver and it's considerably smaller.
The mountains are good to have for riding/skiing/snowboarding/hiking/scenery, and there are all the major sports. Other than that, Denver is definitely like my least favorite city. At least it has jobs, plenty of good jobs otherwise I'd be in SLC or somewhere else

1 - 11 of 11 Posts