Sport Bikes banner

1061 - 1065 of 1065 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Hopefully this never happens for the election of our president. I get it that it sounds odd to some that someone who garnered the most votes didn't win the office. But, I don't want major cities like NY, LA and so on deciding this election. There cities are all liberal meaning they always choose the president? No thanks.
Honestly as long as the proper zones are set up to allow rural areas to have representatives in the house and congress and not have the cities dominate the votes for reps as well then you will still maintain a fair say in what happens. The reality of it is the POTUS is powerful but not as powerful as congress and the house if things are running properly ... of course a bit of that has changed over the last few POTUS with all the executive orders being abused but that's a whole different issue.

·
Registered
15,135 Posts
Presidents with over 900 Executive Orders; T.Roosevelt, W.Wilson, C. Coolidge, FDR, H. Truman. Obama did fewer than Shrub, Shrub did fewer than Clinton, Clinton did fewer than Reagan. See the trend?

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
FAKE NEWS! OBAMA DID IT! Did what? Not as many orders as Trump. HE DID THE MOST!

I didn't think the entertainment would be this intensive or last this long. The next presidential election cycle is going to be absolutely wild. I would put very little past Trump, and I fully expect him to do all kinds of crazy things to win. With his buddy Vladimir's help, of course. One more way "conservatives" need to tilt the field. Gerrymandering, the outsized influence of small, rural states, and now Russian help. The GOP and lil' lord trump-leroi are real winners, I tell ya. People who are actual conservatives and not just GOP apologists ought to be starting a new Whig party or something.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Presidents with over 900 Executive Orders; T.Roosevelt, W.Wilson, C. Coolidge, FDR, H. Truman. Obama did fewer than Shrub, Shrub did fewer than Clinton, Clinton did fewer than Reagan. See the trend?
I didn't say more executive orders. Also I don't remember the executive orders issued by presidents before Reagan.... hell I don't remember many from Reagan. In any case there was not one place in my post where I said anything about Clinton, Obama, or even Trump. I dislike the use of executive orders for most things that do not require immediate action or things that are not important enough to need the house and congress. None of this is all the fake news crap its just the way I see things. None of this is aimed at any specific president and it isn't even about the number of exec orders but instead is about the specific use of those orders. I personally dislike many things about our politicians and it makes no difference what party they tag themselves.

In any case I was simply saying that I am pro popular vote for POTUS as long as Congress and the House have the zones for candidates set up in a logical way. Give a rep per ?? population to split it even... the split the each zone to include as even a mix as possible of rural and city population. This would make each rep more mindful of trying to meet the needs of each type of population instead of focusing on one specific group counting on that group to carry them.

1061 - 1065 of 1065 Posts