Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I recently bought a 2009 yamaha fz6r. The bike was sitting for about 6 to 7 years in a garage. It has 43 miles on it. It looks brand new. Theres little to no wear on it.

I didnt start it before I purchased it because of the dead battery and I just decided to wing it cause the circumstances looked good to me.

I siphoned out the old fuel before putting in about 2 gallons of fresh gas. Replaced the old battery with a new one. Which is at 12.8Volts measured so it's not a battery issue.

When I turn the ignition on and push the killswitch to RUN/ON I dont hear anything moving as I normally do on all bikes I've owned. When I push the starter it turns but will not start up. The fuel on the odometer flashes 8 times then stops for about 3 seconds and repeats. I read the owners manual and it says it's a fuel circuit issue when it does that.

I dont know where to begin from here. Can anyone give me any insight to where I might begin looking for problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
****UPDATE****: Checked the fuel injection system fuse and it was blown out. Replaced it with a 10A spare and it blew again.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
****UPDATE****: Checked the fuel injection system fuse and it was blown out. Replaced it with a 10A spare and it blew again.
I was going to say, you should hear the fuel pump prime when you turn it on. If the fuse is blowing, there's a short somewhere, I'd start by checking the wiring under the tank. Chances are, if it sat for 6-7 years, mice or chipmunks probably got in there and chewed some wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts