Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although this can probably go into the OT lounge it'll work here too cause it's about bikes and riding....and bikes.

Anyway last week a friend of mine invited me to a bbq at her place and I had been wishy washy as I'd never been on a long distance ride before. So monday I said fuck it, I'll be there. Tuesday morning at 1100 hours I set off on my 130 mile trip to Salem, OR to meet friend and more bikes. During my trip my bike had given me problems with the FI cutting out, one stop in the middle of fucking nowhere later I set out again and made it to Salem.

While in Salem a couple guys who are FAR better riders than I are took me out for some fun and carving on some back roads which was a blast. Here I learned that the air pressure guage I was using was off a ton. Ouch. Today on my way back my FI didn't cut out on me but was sure as shit jittery, very uncomfy ride as my bike performed best while at around 11k rpm probably using some gnarly force thing to keep the lead in place.

I get home safe and sound (yay!) and start checking over my bike as it hadn't been giving me any problems before today. Pumped up the tires, and started taking the fucker apart piece by piece to recreate the poblem which I did at approximatly 180 degrees and the computer stopped, FI light came on, bike stalled. Finally getting somewhere! I popped the battery case-ma-j***** and lo one of the leads MOVED! Yes the screw was still in but the fucker was looser than a vegas hooker. Busted out the handy screwdriver and tightened it to the point it won't move. Fired up the bike again, revved the shit out of the poor engine (and watched the carbon come out of the pipe! WOOO!!) and no problems.

6 hours worth of riding: $20
Cost of having a stealer check it over: Too fucking much
Cost of concern over dying: ....$5
Cost of twisting one miserable screw: Priceless.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
lol, dont you just love it when something soooo simple causes sooo much problems!

stuff like that always happens to me!

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
ASCI_Blue said:
Cost of concern over dying: ....$5
you couldnt think of anythin else so you put that in with it huh?? LOL

Funny story man. simple shit always does it.

·
Canyon Assault Vehicle
1,299 Posts
Dude...I know how you feel...any time I have a problem with my toys, be it my cars, bikes, whatever, it's ALWAYS some little tiny-ass thing that can be fixed in ten seconds, even though it usually takes 4 hours of taking the whole damn thing apart to find it.

Glad you got it fixed!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad it was a simple fix

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XxIcEmAnxX said:
you couldnt think of anythin else so you put that in with it huh?? LOL

Funny story man. simple shit always does it.

Yeah. I'm a cynical fucker if ya hadn't guessed. :beer

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope I got it sorted out, gonna stress test it tomorrow on some local roads with plenty of places to get off of said road if shit hits the fan. I have a good feeling that it's solved though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts