Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Any less than that and id be worried. Better to buy a bike thats been ridden and maintained than sitting in a garage for 3 years without moving

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
3000 miles a little over.
So when were the carburetors cleaned last and wear they done properly?

How about oil change? brake flush? the tires are now 9-10 years old, regardless if they have "plenty" of tread or not they are suspect

What kind of condition is the bodywork in?
Is there any rust inside the tank---I would lay odds that there is.

Are you capable of catching it up on some services or will you have to pay someone? That alone can make a huge difference in how much you think it is worth;
if you have to go out and spend $600-$700 to do what I listed above, then essentially you are saying that bike is a $2600 bike.........what better could you get for $2500 that wouldn't need that stuff?

here you could get a 08, 09, 2010 250 ninja for 2500ish and they seem to be going down in price too with the 300 ninja out.

Don't get me wrong I love the 250 Ninja and like the 07 and older ones better than the 08 and newer model, but price wise.....without some more specifics it may be too high

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was from a used motorcycle dealer,Cycle Plus in Elkhorn,Wi. I asked if the price was negotiable but he said no it's as low as it possibly could go.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
It was from a used motorcycle dealer,Cycle Plus in Elkhorn,Wi. I asked if the price was negotiable but he said no it's as low as it possibly could go.
That is dealer speak for "Make me an offer". Go to KBB (Kelly Blue Book) and look it up. Then check out Cycle Trader and Craig's List. That should give you a rough idea what folks are ASKING. Who knows what they are getting?:tunes

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
used dealers probably won't budge on prices right now considering the season. if you won't pay what they're asking someone else will in a few weeks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Unless it comes with a warranty, youre wasting your money buying from a stealership. You could get the same bike privately for 500 less, or an 08+ for the same price and sell it down the road for the same price

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would never buy a bike from a dealer, just me, but they need to make money on top of what the bike is worth to pay a wage. You'll have more luck with a private seller imo. If you're really going to buy it, ask where the bike came from and who the previous owner was, contact them and ask them why they sold the bike...their reason could make or break your decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts