1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
wounder if they'll ebay that can on the bike???? anyone

·
Registered
376 Posts
Does it not make sense to anyone else that if that thing was doing 250 and crashed into a car, why is the entire backend of the bike seemingly unscathed? Rim is still round, can still looks good, as well as the whole tail? I think it was a mock accident personally.

·
Registered
456 Posts
BluFireF4 said:
Does it not make sense to anyone else that if that thing was doing 250 and crashed into a car, why is the entire backend of the bike seemingly unscathed? Rim is still round, can still looks good, as well as the whole tail? I think it was a mock accident personally.
It's for real, most of the energy was transferred into the car at impact, and the car did flip 10' from impact.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raven R1 said:
you get your bike back together mike?
no, it's been a real biotch getting parts off ebay. the rearset I got I have to send back because the guy didin't include the rear master cyl like it showed in the picture. Either that, or I'll have to try and fit a 929/954/1000rr master cyl.

still havent found my plastic or a mirror or a lever or a tank. (for a good price)

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Where's the picture of chris tucker and ice cube going DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
BluFireF4 said:

everything was taken apart and put back on to reinact what happened. So it might be a little polished.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thats a Repost...... I've seen it before....

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Spike said:
Where's the picture of chris tucker and ice cube going DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

·
Registered
376 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
everything was taken apart and put back on to reinact what happened. So it might be a little polished.
Polished? They say that this bike hit the car doing 250, with enough force to make the car go 10 feet in the air and literally go trhough the side of the car, yet the entire backend has practically no damage. I find that extremely hard to believe. Maybe its a display recreating an accident scene, but thats definatly not the original bike involved in the accident. It's highly inconcievable that a bike going that fast and tbones a car with that much force has anything on it thats salvagable. The back of the bike would be crunched right up to the front.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
def not a real picture of that accident.......... physics dictate that picture is not possible

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
BluFireF4 said:
Polished? They say that this bike hit the car doing 250, with enough force to make the car go 10 feet in the air and literally go trhough the side of the car, yet the entire backend has practically no damage. I find that extremely hard to believe. Maybe its a display recreating an accident scene, but thats definatly not the original bike involved in the accident. It's highly inconcievable that a bike going that fast and tbones a car with that much force has anything on it thats salvagable. The back of the bike would be crunched right up to the front.
it is ABSOLUTELY possible.. there is no impact trauma to the rear of the bike, and I have seen the same happen in real life. A ZX-10 t-boned a saturn going 120+. Front tire actually bucked the opposite side door, it traveled all the way through the car. Killed the passenger of the car, and both people on the bike. the bike was fused to the car, so they haul it around on a flat bed to high schools to show them what being stupid does to you. The rear of that bike was still shiny, and not a mark on it.. And I saw it on the news the night it happened, and a month later. The tail piece was in perfect shape..

·
Registered
456 Posts
BluFireF4 said:

Energy transfer, it's highly likely the case. All the weight is loaded to the front of the bike, where most of the stored energy is. There's not enough weight in the tail section to transfer enough energy to cause the rear to buckle. The tail section is strong enough to support at least 300 lbs. That means there has to be a-lot of weight back there or a tremendous amount of g's to bring it along.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Wow...Haven't see that one before! :bitchslap

Bomb300 said:
Tis a photochop and has been posted on numerous UBBs far and wide.
I pretty sure thats not a photochop, though.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Bomb300 said:
Tis a photochop and has been posted on numerous UBBs far and wide.
I dont know if this specific photo is a photochop or not, but I DO KNOW that the tail section of a sportbike does not have enough mass to crush in a frontal impact crash. The tail section will be intact, unless something else hits the tail of the bike.
Other example is this. Happened in Colorado.. ZX10R doing 120+, broadsides a saturn.. They bring this car around on a flat bed to high schools, to show kids what speed and stupidity does...
Look at the tail section. It is completely intact, and in perfect shape, not a bend in the subframe. (it used to have the rear fairings on it, also in perfect shape still, but some A-holes stole them while it was on display overnight. Someone else took the tailpipe, which was also still in perfect shape.).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts