Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From colorado springs to houston. Done with a stock busa. It was good fun, but I think those sort of stretches (150 miles of flat, straight road), is more suited to a cruiser or a car. I went through their "hill country" on the way back and it was much better than the interstate but didn't last long enough.

The power difference at sea level is enormous! The bike would actually wheelie just from getting on the gas it was mad! I think it was coming up an inch or two in 2nd too. After I got up to 1500 feet it would no longer do that so I suppose most of the difference is the first 1000 feet. Gas milage decreased at lower elevations too by about 4 mpg.

I need to figure out a way to get the power down there up here :D I don't think adding a couple teeth in the rear and putting a full exhaust on would do it. I'd probably have to get a big bore kit too or something. Maybe a turbo would do it :lao

Oh and no luggage either I just carried my crap in a backpack. Who needs all those fancy touring mods and extras :D

Attachments

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
I just did a 700 mile trip last month on my old F4i and I thought I was going to die. Good to see you had fun. That bike looks great and that second picture is awesome.

BTW I've never rode a Busa but I thought they would power wheelie pretty much all the time?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would think the Busa would be great for touring/power touring. I find them to be incedibly comfortable, not like the hard assed full on sportbikes.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1quick1 said:
BTW I've never rode a Busa but I thought they would power wheelie pretty much all the time?

Not even close. I can slam it open from any rpm, or an aburpt on/off/on/off on the gas, sitting straight up, and it won't hint at a wheelie. Apparently the 1000 riders have to rock back when they open the gas to get them to come up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts