Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the game for a while and my last bike was a 2006 hayabusa. Had over 20k miles on it until it was stolen. I was looking at the 2015 hayabusa and it seems like the zx14 seems to be a better bang for the buck. Any advice or major differences between the two? I see Anti lock brakes are standard on both now. I know its just a brand but the brembo name on the Suzuki seems to look cooler too lol.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Even if its a 2015 Hayabusa Vs a 2015 ZX14R.
From everything i have followed thus far, they Busa hasn't been updated in ages. Suzuki is pretty much just letting the Busa sell by it's name rather than do much of anything to it. The ZX14R got updates after updates and has also proven to outperform the Busa on even the dragstrip. The only people to say Busas are better are the Suzuki fanboys who would put a Busa above any bike because of the biker boy stigma of having a Busa.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
"It is futile for any rider to select a “winner” between the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R and Suzuki Hayabusa on behalf of someone else. Which bike is right for you is determined by your subjective desires and certain ego-based, romantic notions of the buyer."

2014 Busa vs 2014 zx14r

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
It really comes down to which styling you prefer. The busa has been stagnant power-wise (they've added ABS and brembo monoblocs) since '08. The 14 has more power, better electronics, and more comfortable ergos.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems like for a completely stock bike from the dealer the 2015 ZX14 kills the 2015 hayabusa in almost all ways imaginable. I guess Suzuki feels like they dont need to upgrade because just the name keeps their sales up.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a 2015 S1000RR, same price but more powerful and faster
No thanks. After owning bmw cars I would never keep one out of warranty considering how expensive they are to fix up and maintain. If BMW started a motorcycle leasing program I would think about it but until then hell no.

·
Registered
848 Posts
It seems like for a completely stock bike from the dealer the 2015 ZX14 kills the 2015 hayabusa in almost all ways imaginable. I guess Suzuki feels like they dont need to upgrade because just the name keeps their sales up.
Totally agree. +1,000

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No thanks. After owning bmw cars I would never keep one out of warranty considering how expensive they are to fix up and maintain. If BMW started a motorcycle leasing program I would think about it but until then hell no.
My experience with BMW cars has been completely different.

In any case, I've heard of no maintenance horror stories from S1000RR owners.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Speaking of BMW, they also have the K1300S which competes with the Hayabusa and ZX. I've heard a lot of good things about it, they even have factory bags.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
like I said in the other thread, not our bike, not our money. Buying a bike because we say it's better is the wrong reason. They both have abs. For the type of riding you do, it doesn't sound like you'll ever make use of the other electronic gizmos and higher hp of the ZX14 so it's kind of a moot point in my opinion. Buy whichever you like the best for whatever reasons you like it the best.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
OK, lets be honest here...

Does the "performance" really matters at all? It's not like you're going to be taking off from stoplights like you would at the drag strip, you won't be going WOT all the time and you won't be doing top speed runs every weekend. They are both stupid fast, faster than it matters...

It all comes down to which one you like better, which one you are more comfortable riding, or in simple terms, which one fits you better.

My Versys is hideous, doesn't make a lot of power, has the same frame and engine as the 2007 bike, but it fit me and it does what I wanted from it. If I had been speec-sheet buying, then I'd have got a Wee-Strom just because it has more power, better mpgs, got redesigned a couple years ago, etc. But I know I'd be hating every single minute with it.

Go sit on the bikes, forget about the spec sheet.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
OK, lets be honest here...

Does the "performance" really matters at all? It's not like you're going to be taking off from stoplights like you would at the drag strip, you won't be going WOT all the time and you won't be doing top speed runs every weekend. They are both stupid fast, faster than it matters...

It all comes down to which one you like better, which one you are more comfortable riding, or in simple terms, which one fits you better.

My Versys is hideous, doesn't make a lot of power, has the same frame and engine as the 2007 bike, but it fit me and it does what I wanted from it. If I had been speec-sheet buying, then I'd have got a Wee-Strom just because it has more power, better mpgs, got redesigned a couple years ago, etc. But I know I'd be hating every single minute with it.

Go sit on the bikes, forget about the spec sheet.
If performance doesn't matter, why are we all riding high end sportbikes? An EX500 will do...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If performance doesn't matter, why are we all riding high end sportbikes? An EX500 will do...
performance matters, but 170 hp vs 180 hp is rather irrelevant compared to 160+ hp vs 60 hp.

Not to mention an EX500 will last 20,000 street miles of hard riding or about one season at the track before the crank snaps or it blows a head gasket.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Busa and ZX14 are better street bikes than the S1000RR and are faster in a regular dude's hands. I know the truth is an unpopular opinion around there though...

IMHO, OP, save yourself a shit ton of money and buy a clean 06 and start over again.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So where can I get a team green helmet, jacket and gloves at the lowest price? Has to be matching green kawi colors. After my bike was stolen I gave away all my stuff to my friends who rode.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Because my 636 is way more comfortable than any 650, 500 or 250 i have sat on....

I have literally been able to fall asleep sitting on that bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts