Sport Bikes banner

2013 Triumph Street Triple

16K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  Jim Moore 
#1 ·
http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/2013-triumph-street-triple-r-review/21735.html

I think it looks like ass. I never liked the new headlights, but that new swingarm looks terrible as does the subframe. I really don't like the new exhaust either. Sure it probably makes for great mass centralization, but the underseats loomed AWESOME! This new bike doesn't hold a candle to my old 2009 lookswise IMO, but I'm sure it's just as good for riding, which means it's probably the best bike ever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Don't like headlights. People say that it looks good with the flyscreen. My response is that flyscreens are stupid and it should look good without it.

Exhaust looks stupid. New subframe looks stupid. Little bits next to the radiator look TERRIBLE.

The VERY worst part is the new triumph logo. I thought the old one looked like ass. This one is just AWFUL.

Bring back the fucking classic triumph logo, for gods sake. Why change such an iconic thing? Fucking retarded.

The swingarm I think looks good, though.

#3 ·
I think the original striple was the best looking as well, but the new one to me looks better then the last design. I like the low mount exhaust, just the one on the bike looks like ass. Im sure with an aftermarket normal looking exhaust it will look better. I can never forgive them for getting rid of the round headlights, but the new ones arent terrible with a fly screen. Nothing else bothers me about the new design.

#10 ·
For me the street and speed triples are the kind of bike that are perfect to ride on top of, but that don't appeal to me as a beautiful object in itself.

Since the new style headlights, and now this version, this feeling has grown stronger.

And I hadn't noticed before, but yes, that new triumph logo sucks. Kinda like the newer Ducati logo font, I just like the Cagiva era much better :)

#13 ·
Looks ok. I am lost as to why manufacturers put those (I have no idea what to call them) "shield/bodywork" over the radiator. It looks lousy on almost every bike. Adds weight, I am quite sure it has no real protective ability for the radiator and it adds cost. It seems a form over function styling exercise that needs to stop. The engine is cool looking - you don't need to hide it. It is a streefighter / neo-brit UJM - why put the bodywork back on that you just took off? Otherwise, it looks ok. Not really fond of what they did with the headlights - it will take some getting used to.

#14 ·
I am lost as to why manufacturers put those (I have no idea what to call them) "shield/bodywork" over the radiator. It looks lousy on almost every bike. Adds weight, I am quite sure it has no real protective ability for the radiator and it adds cost. It seems a form over function styling exercise that needs to stop. The engine is cool looking - you don't need to hide it. It is a streefighter / neo-brit UJM - why put the bodywork back on that you just took off?
I agree, thanks for pointing this out. It's a design tendency that I don't agree with at all. It's the one thing that goes against the KTM Superduke's design for me, for example; the fact that the design of the bike covers that beautiful engine, but it's not just a matter of taking things off either :(

#17 ·
IMO all the pure sport-bikes with body panels look like they came from the same cookie-cutter. Looks are subjective and everyone has different ideas of what looks good (that's why we have the after-market!) What is most important is how well the bike works. The Street Triple simply has nice ergos, light weight (405 lbs with full tank), effortless handling, and a strong powerband. It is supposed to look a bit unruly because of it's intended purpose; fun street riding. I have the matte-grey 2010 model R (with some after-market goodies) but the new one looks awesome and I'm sure the young guys whose brains haven't yet ossified will love it.

#18 ·
I'm clearly in the minority as just about everyone drools at pictures of naked bikes.. just to be clear though, it's the naked bikes that retain plastic bits and pieces that I don't care for. They all look like victims of fairing theft.

Bikes designed from the ground up as naked machines and have no plastics anywhere can look quite good.

#21 ·
I guess I'll be the first - I really like the new look, and ordered mine (R version, in white) a few weeks ago. Mine likely won't have a flyscreen unless I can find a good looking aftermarket one - the Triumph one looks awful, and is probably a danger when doing stoppies!

Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.