Sport Bikes banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
agree with stealthy blackhawk is my least fav

with going to watch the races and taking potentially monday off as well tuesday is a far stretch. too busy at work in the beginning of the week to miss that many days in a row.

pickpocket, i know stealthy is an old cranky bastard but i wouldnt go picking on his skills. id say you probably match up with him. i think stealthy should just move to I and you two can battle it out.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
I'm a little light headed at the moment....but here are some of my rambling thoughts...

I have been kicking around in my head maybe selling the trackbike for a few reasons...It would be sort of hard, but I still have 2 more street bikes if i get the itch....I would completely baby my 955 on the track though...the other is wife's kawi 500...needs tires to be safely tracked, and suspension is stock, so it would be kind of iffy on the track....unless i upgraded some things....that 250 was a lot of fun on the track, but the suspension was terrible...I predict the 500 would be very similar...

We are looking to sell our current home and move out of this shit hole town...probably closer to DSM...but i don't want to be around too many people...right now we are looking at south of dsm...so prepping to sell /buying a home would likely take a lot of attention because there are so many variables...not to mention the stresses involved...we are looking to sell soon, but i need to get some things done outside when the weather cooperates...

also, my boy has been competing in martial arts tournaments and does really well and just loves it and wants to do as many as i can find. The tournaments are always on the weekends and generally we have to travel quite a distance to get to them...and on top of that, he is always begging me to take him fishing...i dont like fishing off shore much, so i am thinking of getting another boat in lieu of a track bike...just too much stuff to garage/store....we already have all these cycles including dirtbikes and a couple of scooters, and a giant house on wheels that sucks gas like a camel at an oasis...

point is-
I'm not certain if i will be tracking this season or not....if I don't sell the zx6, then i would anticipate being tentative until very close to the particular track day(s).....

now who's in for helping us move...?:bighug

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
its a shame that a guy like pickpocket can talk trash and get stealthy all scared of the track and put him into retirement but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

i can probably help you move stealthy. by helping i mean standing around drinking beer while you move your stuff. lol

naw seriously if u need a hand i will help ;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
its a shame that a guy like pickpocket can talk trash and get stealthy all scared of the track and put him into retirement but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

i can probably help you move stealthy. by helping i mean standing around drinking beer while you move your stuff. lol

naw seriously if u need a hand i will help ;)
We remember how it went when it came to strapping down bikes. :grump

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
The scooter has been fun...it leaks fuel, but that will be an easy fix...it is pretty scary going 55 with gusting side winds...I wont mess with it again until the thaw....for quick jaunts up to casey's, it fkn rules.....now i am using my daughters car since she is out of country and it is cold...saving miles, wear and tear and my precious truck....

and heeth...u know i aint askeered of no diaper wearing sissy....although he does have more aftermarket parts than any pro racer, I will still make him soil his depends over garments whence i buzz by him.

and in case y'all forgat, I did go to intermediate at hpt....there were faster guys in the b group.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
and heeth...u know i aint askeered of no diaper wearing sissy....although he does have more aftermarket parts than any pro racer, I will still make him soil his depends over garments whence i buzz by him.

and in case y'all forgat, I did go to intermediate at hpt....there were faster guys in the b group.
very true pickpockets got so many mods on his bike it would qualify for supersport and hes still slow lol

well lets see how it goes but i hope you make it out this year

·
Registered
597 Posts
cool.

from my side, I sold my streetbike and bought a dirt bike.

Now there's a CBR and a KX in the garage. Track bike and dirt bike.
with me taking a laptop to work every day (and only living 3.5 miles from work), commuting on 2 wheels was almost annoying. But I will still miss getting out to ride once in a while. Maybe I will find something else.

·
I sell and install tires!
156 Posts
cool.

with me taking a laptop to work every day (and only living 3.5 miles from work), commuting on 2 wheels was almost annoying. But I will still miss getting out to ride once in a while. Maybe I will find something else.
3.5 miles sounds perfect for a scooter....which also doubles nicely as a pit bike at the track!

·
Registered
544 Posts
cool.

I have the perfect prescription for you.....buy a Supermoto and that 3.5 miles to work will be the most fun you have ever had.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm a little light headed at the moment....but here are some of my rambling thoughts...

I have been kicking around in my head maybe selling the trackbike for a few reasons...It would be sort of hard, but I still have 2 more street bikes if i get the itch....I would completely baby my 955 on the track though...the other is wife's kawi 500...needs tires to be safely tracked, and suspension is stock, so it would be kind of iffy on the track....unless i upgraded some things....that 250 was a lot of fun on the track, but the suspension was terrible...I predict the 500 would be very similar...

We are looking to sell our current home and move out of this shit hole town...probably closer to DSM...but i don't want to be around too many people...right now we are looking at south of dsm...so prepping to sell /buying a home would likely take a lot of attention because there are so many variables...not to mention the stresses involved...we are looking to sell soon, but i need to get some things done outside when the weather cooperates...

also, my boy has been competing in martial arts tournaments and does really well and just loves it and wants to do as many as i can find. The tournaments are always on the weekends and generally we have to travel quite a distance to get to them...and on top of that, he is always begging me to take him fishing...i dont like fishing off shore much, so i am thinking of getting another boat in lieu of a track bike...just too much stuff to garage/store....we already have all these cycles including dirtbikes and a couple of scooters, and a giant house on wheels that sucks gas like a camel at an oasis...

point is-
I'm not certain if i will be tracking this season or not....if I don't sell the zx6, then i would anticipate being tentative until very close to the particular track day(s).....

now who's in for helping us move...?:bighug
Come up north. I'll take y'all fishin once the ice melts. Openers is in two weeks.

Here's da boat. YouTube

Twin r1 engines.... But still can fish on it. Got it slipped on minnetonka.

·
Registered
597 Posts
my target is to get to the track (MAM) for motomonday on June 10th. I know there's a track weekend there this weekend, but I've got some miscellaneous stuff that is not put back together on #74. I want to get that all squared away this weekend.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I definitely need to do a day at MAM. Thinking about bringing the Ducati, so I can use that fancy DDA business to overanalyze my terrible riding. :)

41 - 60 of 89 Posts