Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone. It's been a few years since I've ridden and I really want to get back into it now that I've moved down to FL. The new Ninja 300 has really caught my eye as it's very affordable, looks great, and can help me get back into the swing of things while still having fun.

I've previously owned:
Ninja 250 (fun little bike to rev up)
Yamaha FZ6 (fun also with great power)
Honda 919 (heavy as hell, but loved the torque)

I also plan to retake the MSF class again as quick refresher.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site! Sounds like you know what you're doing. I haven't ridden one yet but every review I've read says the 300 is a really great bike. I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. It looks great too. I had a Ninja 650R and a Vulcan 500 and really enjoyed them both. Kawasakis are really well built and very fun to ride IMO.

Have fun, and buy soon before riding season starts and prices get inflated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sounds like a solid plan.

All I would add to that is maybe another bike to consider depending on the kind of roads you have down there. The new honda 500s. Kinda like a more modern Ninja 500 although maybe a bit slower. Just another new modern beginner bike to consider.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I think you could go with a 500, but if you are set on the 300, go for it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I've taken a peak online at the Honda CB500F and it's on the short list now. Insurance ends up less on the Ninja, but I'll go take a look at both and sit on them to figure out which I like best.

While I know both of these certainly don't put out a lot of power, I really think Honda and Kawasaki are on to something with these smaller machines.

Anyone here seen, ridden, or sat on the Honda CB500 series yet?

·
Registered
743 Posts
They're too new. Can't even find a good review on one. The crappy reviews that there are say its smooth and linear which falls in line with the dyno graphs. Looks a lot more torquey than ninja and builds power faster. Should get great fuel mileage with a graph like that but wont know till they put out some numbers, but at ~6300rpms it makes what the 300 does at its peak of 10,900.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're too new. Can't even find a good review on one. The crappy reviews that there are say its smooth and linear which falls in line with the dyno graphs. Looks a lot more torquey than ninja and builds power faster. Should get great fuel mileage with a graph like that but wont know till they put out some numbers, but at ~6300rpms it makes what the 300 does at its peak of 10,900.

Sweet, thanks for the info man!

I really am torn between the two...I prefer the look and the instrument cluster of the Ninja300, but the CB500 looks pretty badass naked. Good news is that both are fuel injected!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I came back last season after not riding for 12 years. I skipped the starter bikes and bought a 2004 636 and haven't had a problem.

I found that my survival skills on a motorcycle were still well in tact. I had to relearn technique but I never felt unsafe jumping straight to a 600.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts