Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My 650 eats 1000s
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody is saying nothing exciting for 2013. Just HP4. Is this true? What you think? NOBODY has something exciting?

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
People always hate on the new models that they don't have in the hopes that enough criticism will help preserve some of the resale for their own bikes.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Take a look at the 2013 Daytona 675R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 636, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300, and others that aren't in the sportbike segment.

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
I really like the new CBR and have heard great things about it...

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
There are a lot of cool new bikes this year, just not sportbikes. New R1 is on the way with a 3cyl and a new V4 Honda so the next few years should be good. Kawasaki is really the only Japanese company doing anything really interesting now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's hard to get excited about new bikes when the prices keep going up and up while technology and performance have pretty much stagnated.
the hp4 and the panigale have moved forward in the tech area's with more to follow.there is atleast 1 company already with electronic aftermarket suspension ready to hit(if it hasn't already) the market.

There are a lot of cool new bikes this year, just not sportbikes. New R1 is on the way with a 3cyl and a new V4 Honda so the next few years should be good. Kawasaki is really the only Japanese company doing anything really interesting now.
a 3cyl r1?where did you see that info at?last i heard it was a far fetched rumor.it it has substance,i'd love to read about it.the new honda will be kewl,only thing to kill it will be the price they're going to ask for it.what is kawasaki doing that is so interesting?

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
I would have to agree... Kawasaki really hit the mark with the new ZX-6R aka 636. Also Triumph with the new Daytona 675R and Street Triples.

IMG_0364.jpg

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I just saw the 2013 ZX-6R in person. The changes they made to make it more streetable are obvious, especially comparing it side-by-side with my 2008 ZX-6R.

The seat one the new 636, rider and pillion, is b*****, softer, and looks incredibly inviting. Not to mention more power, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts