Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

American Suzuki surprised the industry last year by deciding not to import 2010 streetbikes while it tried to clear inventory in a depressed market. But for 2011, it's rebounding in a big way with the introduction of a comprehensively reworked GSX-R600 and its identical-twin brother, the GSX-R750.

The GSX-R series is integral to Suzuki, so the Gixxer 600 and 750 received a major investment in technology and updates.

"We built our brand from the GSX-Rs," said Steve Bartolamedi, American Suzuki's senior communications manager. More than 300,000 Gixxers have been sold over the years, and the GSX-R600 has long been America’s best-selling sportbike.

More: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 Revealed on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's got a beak for a front fairing... and what's with the b***** pipe? I like the last generation more, but who knows, Suzuki might be setting up for a huge change in the next generation after this one.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
i just cant believe the 750 is almost the same price of a 600.

does that mean newbies will justify getting a 750 because of the price?

something to think about.

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
^ I dunno, but if I were in the market for a GSX-R, at the price difference I'd probably head straight for the 750. That's a microscopic price to pay for the additional usable torque on the street.

Regardless, I think these bikes are starting to look very dated and hopefully the next gen sees a complete makeover. The mechanical bits are there (especially with the Brembos finally), but cosmetically it's starting to become too much of the same (and that front end is horrendous).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im hoping the new gixxer 1000's move toward the stremline look of the KTM rc8. If not oh well, they gotts stick w/ the stocky gsxr look and that totally understandable. im a gixxer guy regardless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts