Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WEIRD
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been looking to add another bike to my arsenal and have been looking at a 2010 or 2011 Hyosung GT650 (Naked). I like the street fighter look about them.

Here are my questions:

Are these bikes any good? I really never heard of them till recently.
What are some common problems that might come up with these bikes in the long run?
Also how is the accessory market with them?

Thanks

P:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello. I have a 2007 Gt650R. They do seem to have a few issues such as a weak stator and regulator/rectifier. Most people ditch the reg/rec for a mosfet unit similar to the one found in an R1. Im not sure how the EFI is since mine is carbd so maybe someone else who has one can chime in. The aftermarket isnt very big compared to other bikes but it seems to be slowly getting better.

·
WEIRD
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...

I actually test drove a 2011 GT650 a week ago and I didn't like the throttle response and the overall feel of the bike... I am so used to riding my ZZR I am kind of broken...
I have a lot of add ons for power enhancement on my ZZR and it is well over the 100HP mark... it's gonna be hard down grading to the GT650.

I might need to look into a used Suzuki SV1000, Kawi Z1000, or an Yamaha FZ1 to give me what I need in the power department... I also know the accessory department is pretty robust for all of those bikes too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts