Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this non running 2009 fz6 with 12,000 miles. It would turn over but wouldn't fire, so I decided I'm down for the challenge. After hear the fuel pump priming and seeing the injectors throwing gas, I know its not a gas issue. Then I pulled cylinder four's spark plug and grounded it to the motor and it seems to work fine. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check this post out to get into diag mode.

h**ps://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=319394 (can't post links for first post)

Once you see 'diag' on the cluster, hold select and reset for 2 seconds. Press select or reset to go through the codes. Look at code 09 to see the battery voltage. If it's under ~12, the bike won't start. Also, look at code 61 to see if you have any error codes. Certain error codes won't allow the bike to start. You can clear error codes by going to diag code 62 and switching the engine run switch. I got mine a couple of weeks ago and a weak battery induced certain error codes that didn't allow the bike to start. Going through diag mode fixed it for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The '09 is a different Gen from my '05, but I do have a shop manual. If you find code(s) and can't figure out what they are, post them here and I'll look them up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts