Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Sweet jeabus, wish it was in the cards for 09. Just have to wait and see what happens...:lao

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! HA HA HA HA!!! AWESOME!! HA HA HA!!!!

:eek:nfloor:lao:bitchslap:twofinger

That's cold Ducati, so cold!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think he may be laughing at how Ducati screwed over their 1098 owners. The 1198 basically means the 1098 is obsolete. I wonder if this will result in a huge price drop on left over 1098's?

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
^^^ so do all of the japanese manufacturers screw their customers when they completely redesign every two years?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
In my opinion, No. I'm all for improvement. But from all the posts I've read many feel that Ducati has screwed the customers that bought a 1098r since that was an 1198 (at least in engine), and now it seems the 1198 engine package is in a bike that can be had for much less.

·
old member
13,079 Posts

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
In my opinion, No. I'm all for improvement. But from all the posts I've read many feel that Ducati has screwed the customers that bought a 1098r since that was an 1198 (at least in engine), and now it seems the 1198 engine package is in a bike that can be had for much less.
your first post was about how the 1098 was now 'obsolete', not that the people who picked up 1098r's got ripped off. which i somewhat agree with, but not really since the 1198 is still not up to the level of the 1098R.

also, displacement bumps every few years are nothing new for ducati, look at the 916/996/998. if the 999 was a bit easier on the eyes the 1098 mill may have been wrapped in 999 body work.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
No I think the new Duc 1098 Design is horrid looking, its lines seem to go no where, the headlights look like its both drunk and stoned with that little slit left open from partying all week and bags under its eyes.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts