Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know. Ask the dealer. But we just picked up the bikes yesterday and he won't be in until Monday.

But...

...does anybody even know if the FZ1 has a place to lock your helmet(s) on the bike? The local Yamaha guys had no clue. My Gixxer was great for that, just lift up the rear seat, place the helmets over the hooks and replace the seat. But for the life of us we can't find anything remotely possible that would work with this bike. I hate having to drag them around everywhere.

Thanks a lot guys and gals!

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats kdk!

Yeah, me neither. Kinda stinks. Maybe we'll luck out and somebody will figure it out. If there really isn't any, I wonder if there are any aftermarket kits?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thers also that strange rubber loop under the seat.......have no idea what it is but its removable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL...NOBODY can give me an explaination as to what the rubber band is for. Not even the manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just guess dude, hehhehe... I'm thinking of buying one of these FZ1's very soon. but so far, ...no helmet lock.....come on... it's 2008 model? I'm gonna give it a second thougth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helmet Lock

Okay, I know. Ask the dealer. But we just picked up the bikes yesterday and he won't be in until Monday.

But...

...does anybody even know if the FZ1 has a place to lock your helmet(s) on the bike? The local Yamaha guys had no clue. My Gixxer was great for that, just lift up the rear seat, place the helmets over the hooks and replace the seat. But for the life of us we can't find anything remotely possible that would work with this bike. I hate having to drag them around everywhere.

Thanks a lot guys and gals!

Jeff
Kuryakyn makes a univeral helmet lock that fits on any license plate frame.

·
Registered
648 Posts
you can hook the d-rings thru the hooks that attach the front of the passenger seat or the pin that holds up the back of the passenger seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can hook the d-rings thru the hooks that attach the front of the passenger seat or the pin that holds up the back of the passenger seat.
That's true, but, you still have to unlock the seat and the helmet will rub against the side grips. With the license frame-mounted unit, the helmet hangs below and beside the rear tire.

·
The Maltese Falcon
85 Posts
it's hard to tell by the pic, not to mention I have an fz6 not fz1, but is it possible its there to hold the stock tool kit in place?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Butterfingers. Great idea but It has another recessed spot for the tool kit with another rubber band thingy. I gave up trying to work it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts