Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's my first time on the site, i have a 2008 CBR1000RR. I just finished putting on a Power Commander 3. I am looking for a good map, i have installed to one off powercommander.com. I am not happy with the low end. The bike has a Two Bros slip-on. Does anyone have a good map that they are happy with???

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
it's my first time on the site, i have a 2008 CBR1000RR. I just finished putting on a Power Commander 3. I am looking for a good map, i have installed to one off powercommander.com. I am not happy with the low end. The bike has a Two Bros slip-on. Does anyone have a good map that they are happy with???
The Dating and Sex Life board will probably get you few answers. At least not one's you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the help you smartass fucks.... Like i said, i don't know shit about this website and it was my first time on here looking for help. I take it none of you know shit about maps???

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
If you are looking for a custom map, wouldn't it be best for you to take your bike somewhere with a dyno and have one made for it? If none of the maps available on Power Commander's website are working for you, you need a custom one or you need to play with the one you have. Do you have a laptop you can connect your PC to, so you can make adjustments yourself to the one you downloaded? I'm assuming you do, since you got one online to begin with....

I personally wasn't comfortable making any adjustments with mine, so I brought my bike to Dynoworks and had a custom map made.

BTW, you are new to the site so I'll let you know now - no flaming allowed. Please read the forum rules for more details. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
any bike can gain from having a custom fuel map. the problem is that each bike would be mapped differently coming straight out of the factory. manufactures design the map that is flashed into the ECU to account for different regions and conditions, between the west coast sunny LA and the freezing cold during winter in NY. the map that is currently in the bike is to guarantee the bike will run "ok" in all those conditions, but it doens't mean that the bike will run at the correct a/f ratio to extract the optimum performance out of the engine/bike.

with that being said, any stock bike will gain from having a custom map, as would any modified bike. for you however, looking for a map online will only get you closer to a good map for your configuration, but it still won't be perfect. you're going to have to get it mapped for your specific riding conditions ON TOP of the modifications you've done.

so to summarize...you can find a decent map somewhere that someone has setup, but spending the extra $200-400 to get it custom tuned will be eons better.

hope this helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts