Sport Bikes banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey guys i am installing the clear alternative integrated tailights. my problem is that i cant get the signals to work. i hooked the yellow wires up to the old signal wires and nothing. any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok guys just finished the integrated tailightand it looks great. next is the undertail and i will probably let someone else hand that.

·
WEIRD
93 Posts
Best of luck man, any questions let us know. I posted pics of mine in here as have about 3 other guys
I already have a Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit installed so most of the plastic is already removed... It was a pain in the you know what installing that thing cutting all the plastic out. Not looking forward doing it all over again but at least this time I know where to start and have some pictures to go by.
It also helps that I have the same brand undertail as the right up too.

I sprayed it Gloss Black not Candy Plasma Blue as my bike to give it a little contrast... I'll be installing it Wednesday of this week I'll post some Before and After Pics.

:cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
i am too installing my undertail i got off ebay and having an issue with fitment. im going to post pics of what i am running into and all help would be appreciated.

·
5,547 Posts
Looks like a mold issue, when the piece was made. I didn't have any fitment issues with my MOTOTECK undertail. I guess you get what you pay for.....

·
5,547 Posts
Has anyone installed this undertail? Pit-eck ::: KAWASAKI ZX6R 98 02 ZZR 600 04 08 UNDERTAIL BLACK UND37

It's also on ebay for 90-95 bucks

My bike has the undertail with the recessed tail light with "K" logo on each light. I don't care for it and the fit isn't great so I'm considering another style.
That's pretty funny how it says it will fit a 04-08 ZZR. When the 04 ZZR was a completely different bike before Kawasaki brought back the "J" model in 05.

·
5,547 Posts
Sounds to me like you might be saying "don't risk it"
Yep if you look at the pics on posts #2 and #19 of this thread you will see that the undertail has a very distinctive shape to it.

Here's the Mototeck undertail that I have had installed on my 2006 ZZR since January of 2006. I know its pricey but you get what you pay for considering mine has been on the bike for 7 years with no issues.

Mototeck Innovation :: Motorcycle :: Undertail & Mini-Tail :: Kawasaki :: Mini-tail ZX-6R 98-02 / ZZR600 05-09

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like that style, but it is pricey. I'm going to take care of some more maintenance first, but I might get it this summer.

What kind of cuts did you have to make? Previous owner on my bike basically chopped the battery box back, but there is still a good amount of tray for storage. I guess I could try it as is, or worst case there are full battery box/undertails on fleaBay for 20-30 bucks...

·
5,547 Posts
As far as the cuts go I guess you havent read this entire thread. I posted numerous pictures of the "cut" areas.

·
Registered
104 Posts
for everyone who did there undertail what did you do with the coolant overflow tube? were did you rout it or can i just remove or what?

·
5,547 Posts
for everyone who did there undertail what did you do with the coolant overflow tube? were did you rout it or can i just remove or what?
I just cut it off, and made it a little shorter at the elbow, and stuck it back into the hole. Its really not a big deal.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts