Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bike has not been ridden for about a month.
I started it yesterday & let it run for about 10 minutes.
Today I noticed a 2 in spot on the garage floor.
There are 2 hoses I can see under the bike.
The fluid is coming from the shorter of the two.
I think it is oil coming from the breather.
I have 3500 miles on the bike & have never had it drip.
Could it because it is cold out & the bike sat for a month & I just let it idle?
Could it be a serious problem?

·
Sperm bank loan officer
375 Posts
unless it persists I would not worry about it.

·
Asphalt Magnet
1,079 Posts
Water, gas, baby batter??? What bulldog said, keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, see a doctor (or take it back to the dealership)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is oil coming from the breather hose.
I probably wont start it again for another month.
Just was wondering if it happened because I havent run it for a month?
Thanks for the replies.

·
Dirty Sanchez
1,180 Posts
I started it yesterday & let it run for about 10 minutes.
are you sure you didn't just get a little *excited* staring at the bike?

i'd say it's nothing, unless you get many more drips. put a paper towel under the bike and see if you get more. also, starting and running it for 10 minutes isn't good for much. you'll get a lot of condensation in the exhaust and you won't really be charging the battery. i'd say it's either better to not do this, or go for a 30 minute ride.
apor

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
It happens to me when I ride a little hard into work. You should have three hoses, one of them must need pulled down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep a battery tender on.
The reason I started was to run some stabil through it.
The weather has been to crappy for this old man to ride.
I was just wondering since it never did this during riding season if it might be do to condensation.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check for the third hose. When the stealership did the 600 mile service they managed to pinch one of the hoses between the tank and frame.
At first they said this was "normal" until I showed them a floor model with 3 hoses andnothing being pinched by the tank.
As for the drip, mine only ever did this once on the day after I passed the motorcycle test. I figured it was caused by all the stop/start riding during the test.
Dave

·
Registered
522 Posts
Check for the third hose. When the stealership did the 600 mile service they managed to pinch one of the hoses between the tank and frame.
At first they said this was "normal" until I showed them a floor model with 3 hoses andnothing being pinched by the tank.
As for the drip, mine only ever did this once on the day after I passed the motorcycle test. I figured it was caused by all the stop/start riding during the test.
Dave
Only 2 hoses on the '07s. The Fuel tank breather hose and the Fuel tank drain hose.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
The bike is asleep having a wet dream of being ridden. The pre-cum will persist until you wake her up and have her scream with orgasmic joy.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
There is 3 hoses under my bike...and don't worry about the oil. Happened to me once in the summer. Check the oil level, you might put more than indicated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts