Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to get your hopes up, as I have no information on the bike either. But I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything official yet...or possibly pictures of anything? The only things I've "heard", are that it may be 1500cc, lighter, and definitely fast enough to re-take its crown as the Suzuki top-speed-freak.

·
Canyon Assault Vehicle
1,299 Posts
Hrm...I'd be interested, too. I was considering that as my next bike, but it is still a bit too heavy, and I am too much of a twisty-junkie right now. If they were a bit more nimble I'd be all over it.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i thought it is regulated by the industry to where exceeding 1300 cc's in a sport bike is not longer possible

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think the self-imposed performance limit that the Big Four seem to have shook on a few years back has more to do with top speed than out right displacement. The 300km/hour ~ 186 mph top end limit is no more than a gentlemen's agreement that was voluntarily imposed after some european gov'ts threatened to enact safety legislation specifically aimed at high-speed sportbikes.

I'd be surprised if Suzi did update the 'busa and even more so if that bike could exceed the speed limit.

·
Registered
912 Posts
pwang said:
I think the self-imposed performance limit that the Big Four seem to have shook on a few years back has more to do with top speed than out right displacement.
This is exactly the case. Japanese manufacturers have historically implemented such limits on performance when safety became an issue. For years the japanese auto manufacturers have respected a self-imposed limit of ~286HP on their top-end sports cars. Most of the cars that approach that limit have a lot more potential, but they're detuned from the factory to keep stupid people from killing themselves so easily.

A very good example of this is the Mitsubishi Evo and Suburu WRX STi that have recently been brought to the US. Both produce right at the 286 HP limit, but just a simple ECU upgrade puts them well over 300 HP.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
I'd love to see them come out with some new psycho shit.
+1 I want a new monster of a bike to come out. Why? No idea, I just want to see one

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Chinga tu Madre said:
180mph++ on a Nekkid bike?? Nah don't see that shit happening.
+1 I seriously doubt it will be a naked bike. But at the same time it will still have the top end speed restrictor on it of 186mph. Thats why the earlier busas 99s or so are considered "collectors edition" bikes to some people. They have no restrictions. But even on the newer models the speed restrictor can be removed with just a $30+ upgrade depending on the bike.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Something the TRE is good for afterall.. :)
I'd love to see a new moster Busa too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
OT, but anyone know anything about the '06 Gixxer line? I'd like to see a pic or something... anybody have any info on the other '06 suzuki bikes?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The only thing they have really released info on for 06 is the 1000 which hasnt changed at all besides 2 new color schemes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you want something insane, you could get a dodge tomahawk, although extremely pricey and useless, it is insane!!!!!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
true that useless part

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah the Busa could really use an extra 200cc, currently it's not fast enough for the street for me to consider it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts