Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bike runs really well the only problem with it is that when I ride my bike hard it idles funny. When I put into neutral at a light or pull the clutch in the RPM's wont drop below 3k unless I slowly let out the clutch without throttle to put "drag" I guess on the engine and force it down past 3k then it will balance out at 2k.

Im not to concerned with that but was thinking it might pertain to something I found on the motorcycle while washing it that looks broken or wrong. Clicking these pictures will enlarge them.

Looks like the hose has been cut, not sure what that thing is but it looks like it attaches to the carb. The other side is missing this thing or maybe theres only supposed to be one.

This looks like how my carb connects to my engine maybe, the other side of my bike has same connection but it has a bolt tightening it could that be causing issues?

Any help identifying these parts would be really cool. Nothing is really wrong with the bike, I just bought it three weeks ago and it is my first bike but I have already put on 3k miles. Really enjoy riding and looking to learn more about my bike.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Welcome.

I can't identify the particular parts offhand without doing some closer looking and searching on the internet. However, you can look them up in a parts fiche. I can at least provide you a link to a parts fiche for your bike:

Low price guarantee on Suzuki Parts and Accessories | Suzuki Parts House

This is the parts diagram for the carbs. You can select other diagrams from a dropdown menu. Good luck.

Also, have you tried signing up and posting at a forum specific for your bike model? Here's a link to one: GStwin GS500 Page

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
pictures look like,
1. vacume solenoid
2. intake boot
fixing them cant hurt
another thing to look at is try adjusting your idle speed down a bit, see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts

Looks like the hose has been cut, not sure what that thing is but it looks like it attaches to the carb. The other side is missing this thing or maybe theres only supposed to be one.
Yeah there should only be one . reconnect hose . On closer blown up inspection .. looks a bit fooked does that . looks like is glued together . You probably as your in the US have some sort of crazy assed vacume ,vapor recovery system . Chances are therte is a simple bypass and remove for all the excess vacume and vapor hoses . Then just plug direct to a carb to give the petcock vacume . I would ask the GS500 forum about that .

This looks like how my carb connects to my engine maybe, the other side of my bike has same connection but it has a bolt tightening it could that be causing issues?
Replace bolt as your problem sounds like you might be drawing a spot of air in someplace thus rasing the idle in a slightly erratic way . That could be the culprit there ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts