Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i jsut bought this 06 F4i last week and so far the bike has been running GREAT.....until tonight, I gave a cute girl i work with a ride home and after I shut off my bike to walk her to her door it wouldn't start back up, my first instinct was to check the fuse, good, next instinct was the battery, story behind the battery, the prev owner left it on a tender EVERY time he put it in the garage for the night. ( and i know that cant be good for a battery) Anyways, I got the girls dad to help me jump it, we left the car off so it wouldn't kill my circuits, it took a few turnovers but she eventually started. As I started riding I noticed the bike started bogging down and running, choppy as if the bike was stalling and turning back on constantly. (it ran fine at idle). My educated guess is that the battery was low on juice and all the power was coming from the stater and that the fuel pump was constantly losing and getting power back. I have it on a trickle charge for overnight. If anyone knows of this problem I really appreciate it, but tomorrow I'm going to start with the basics, I'm going to take the battery up to autozone and see what they say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts