Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had not seen a post on this... wanted to see if anyone was going. It is the biggest bike rally in Texas and is actually projected that this year it will pass Sturgis in attendence. I plan on going down with about 15-20 other riders here in Shreveport, LA next Thursday - Sun. Figured I would ask/inform - Take care.

Info:
http://www.rotrally.com/

·
Registered
68 Posts
superman89 said:
Had not seen a post on this... wanted to see if anyone was going. It is the biggest bike rally in Texas and is actually projected that this year it will pass Sturgis in attendence. I plan on going down with about 15-20 other riders here in Shreveport, LA next Thursday - Sun. Figured I would ask/inform - Take care.

Info:
Lets get the area fizzer owners together for this one. I know there are at least 4 in Austin alone.

-J

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - I'll be there. Look for me - I've got a faster blue one with a blacked out screen and bright blue pods lights, oh and if that's not enough... a big ol' YELLOW helmet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im only an hour away and I think I might be going w/ some area members of a forum here thought.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It would be great to get an FZ6 group together! I'll be out of town during the days, but I might be up for something during one of the evenings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's definitely begun. Downtown Austin is pretty much filled with the sounds of unbaffled mufflers. The fun ones are the ones that try to go the wrong way up 8th.

-Naan

·
Registered
457 Posts
superman89 said:

Info:

Shreveport! Woot! I've been looking for sportbike riders since I moved down here. I don't think I can make the rally, but I'll check my work schedule. Are you riding down, or trailering? I've only been riding 6 months, so I'm not sure I could ride that far.

Oops, should have cehcekd the website before posting ... didn't realize it was right now, thought it was next weekend.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yoyo! Holy crap that was ALOT of fun. Kinda of like being on a different planet... a planet where people have alot of back hair and less teeth. All I can say is that it was fun, but am glad it is over. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Also! - I saw one other FZ6 down there. A 2005, silver... getting neon lighting put on it for body effects. Kinda cool but for $520?!??!?!? I don't know. Couldn't find the rider, just saw the bike.

AirForceTeacher - I rode there... it's the only way to do it. I'd be ashamed at myself if I trailered it! Prolly put over 1,000 miles round trip - here I come service interval, ugh. Just PM sometime if you wanna ride.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That was my first time down 6th Street during the ROT rally, and it was definitely a sight (and sound) to behold. Lots of cool bikes.

The only FZ6 I saw was in the back of a truck today while riding up I-35 through town. The bike had Missouri plates (I think), but the truck had Texas plates. Was it anyone here? I gave a thumbs up, but wasn't sure he saw because right afterward some guy in a big pickup got right up on my ass.

·
Registered
457 Posts
superman89 said:
AirForceTeacher - I rode there... it's the only way to do it. I'd be ashamed at myself if I trailered it! Prolly put over 1,000 miles round trip - here I come service interval, ugh. Just PM sometime if you wanna ride.
Well, I just got the bike, so I'd blow both initial services in one trip if I did that! I've been riding baout 6 months, so I'm not sure I could do that -- I mean, I ride for the twisties, straight interstate gets boring. Now, a 200 mile road trip all twisties ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
fraggle1 said:
That was my first time down 6th Street during the ROT rally, and it was definitely a sight (and sound) to behold. Lots of cool bikes.

The only FZ6 I saw was in the back of a truck today while riding up I-35 through town. The bike had Missouri plates (I think), but the truck had Texas plates. Was it anyone here? I gave a thumbs up, but wasn't sure he saw because right afterward some guy in a big pickup got right up on my ass.
I was there but took my cruiser, much better for 2-up. I would say the ratio of cruisers to street bikes was 20-1 this weekend. I guess I gave into peer pressure. The best was seeing Harley guys getting stuck by the side of the road. I must have seen that happen a dozen times.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RebelFZ6 said:
I would say the ratio of cruisers to street bikes was 20-1 this weekend. I guess I gave into peer pressure.

Riding a "sportbike" there - I'd have to say the ratio was 30 or 40 to 1. I felt pretty out of place (slightly), but got alot of questions from alot of folks there. It was fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts