Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been shopping around for a silver 2005 FZ6, getting OTD quotes between $7100 - $7900. If you bought one lately in California, please help. I am in San Francisco but willing to travel for a good deal.

Enjoy the ride and be safe.
Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
I paid ~$7.7k OTD in LA, sticker $6.5k. I'll have to warn you though, the blue fz6 is faster than the silver :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid $6900 OTD cash at Chaparal in San Bernadino (~40 mi. east of LA). They wanted another 2% if paying by check or credit card.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Tony,
I will be picking up my brand spanking new 05' Yamaha FZ6 in the faster color of blue today in at San Mateo Yamaha. My OTD price (which includes tax and licensing) is $6900. They currently have 2 silver ones. Most of the dealerships seem to have at least one FZ6. Silver seems to be color most available right now so you are in luck if that is your color choice. Dan is the guy I am dealing with in San Mateo. At East Bay Motorsports in Hayward you can talk to Paul. He has a silver but was unable to find me a blue, hence my trip across the bridge to San Mateo (I live in Martinez). Do not buy the bike for any more than $6900 OTD. At that price, you are still getting the bike for approx $200 under MSRP. You could probably get the bike for a few hundred less if you were buying in the fall or winter but they are moving these bikes right now so they are not as eager to take low ball offers. If you get a chance, get a copy of the dealer invoice from Cyclebuy.com. This really helped me to decide on a fair price and not allow myself to get hosed by the sharks out there. Oh, and STAY AWAY from Yamaha of Napa. I talked to a guy there this week who informed me: "We don't negotiate." I thanked him for saving me a trip out there and let him know I would spread the word. Wonder how long you can stay in business with that approach??? Good luck, will love to hear the details when you do the deed!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a new 2004 silver FZ6 in the Dayton OH area for $6057 out the door. I see most of the quotes on here are for 2005s and was wondering how my deal equates to what others paid for a 2004?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You All and Congratulations!!!
I appreciate all your tips.

Gand, pardon my ignorance, how is the blue ones faster? I though the difference of the two is only the color.

BluDevil, I will heed you advice and try hard to contain my urge, and then shop again in the winter. I don’t need a bike right now, I just bought the Ninja last month, after I sold my last bike in the late 80’s, but one look at the silver FZ6 all my common sense went down the toilet.

Any way, I suggest we all riders to keep this thread warm, which will help keep the sharks at bay.

Thanks again and happy VROOMING!
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts