Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick up a pair of frame sliders for my 05 FZ6, does anyone know where to pick up a set?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There's Motivation, Intuition, Spiegler(LSL), FS6, Yamaha, what else? I was warned against metal frame sliders because they can catch and dig into the pavement, which kind of defeats the purpose. I saw that someone was unhappy with one of the brands because the black was fading after only a year. (I tried to get to the archives to get the name, but my browser just keeps hanging.) Everyone seems to agree that they're important to have.

I'm leaning towards Intuition at the moment.

http://www.inturace.com/products.htm

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the Motivation sliders on my bike and like them very much. IIRC, they DON'T have metal sticking out anywhere to snag the road...only Delrin material (if that's the name).

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
netboog said:
After all the crap that FS6 put some of us through, I would not recommend them. . .

you mean on the two piece sliders?? I didnt have any problems with them. Course i was one of the ones that got mine early too.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Burnspot said:
I have the Motivation sliders on my bike and like them very much. IIRC, they DON'T have metal sticking out anywhere to snag the road...only Delrin material (if that's the name).
Yes. The motivation and FS6 sliders are made of Delrin, a thermoplastic.

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
kdk1899 said:
you mean on the two piece sliders?? I didnt have any problems with them. Course i was one of the ones that got mine early too.
Did you get 2 allen head bolts with the left side actually long enough???

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Did the guys that purchased the 2 piece FS6 sliders ever get the bolt issue straightened out by Nick?????

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hippie said:
Did the guys that purchased the 2 piece FS6 sliders ever get the bolt issue straightened out by Nick?????
I got my replacement parts two weeks later than anticipated. they look pretty good, and I would recommend them if they had their whole operation straightened out.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hippie said:
I just recieved my two piece sliders last week. I think I would avoid them. I did like the one piece slider they make though. There aren't any problems with those that I know of. They aren't as flashy as some. Watch out for the LSL sliders, there was at least one problem with them causeing more damage then they prevented because of there design (broke the frame). The motivation sliders are pretty nice and pretty good looking, they have a nice fit and finish. Just avoid the FS6 two piece sliders. The one piece are great, but the two piece have issues. They have a pretty long aluminum stem that causes the need for extra long bolts in which they were having problems getting and ended up having mismatched hardware.

I have three of the mentioned sliders in hand and have installed them. I have seen the LSL sliders.

....my two cents. :beer

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm sure the FS6 problems have been worked out by now, it was an inconvenience for sure, but once I received the replacement puck and bolt from FS6 everything went on just fine and they appear to me that they will provide the best protection for more than just the frame of the bike if it ever goes down (knocks on wood). The LSL sliders don't look like they cover enough of the bases, to me.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
netboog said:
Did you get 2 allen head bolts with the left side actually long enough???

Sorry my post wasnt detailed. I got the one piece sliders and was wondering if anyone had trouble with them. I think the one piece sliders were a good deal at a very good price. However, if i was still working right now im sure that the machine shop has the allen head bolts long enough and in metric. If i was allowed to start working right now i would be trying to help all of you guys out. Hell ive still got another 5 months before i can go back to work again.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
karst said:
There's Motivation, Intuition, Spiegler(LSL), FS6, Yamaha, what else? I was warned against metal frame sliders because they can catch and dig into the pavement, which kind of defeats the purpose. I saw that someone was unhappy with one of the brands because the black was fading after only a year. (I tried to get to the archives to get the name, but my browser just keeps hanging.) Everyone seems to agree that they're important to have.

I'm leaning towards Intuition at the moment.

http://www.inturace.com/products.htm
My black LSL's are starting to turn a little purple from being parked out in the sun. But I would still recomend them as they did their job when I lowsided. The frame and tank were unscathed and the slider was only slightly ground down.

·
Superbike Racer
72 Posts
karst said:
There's Motivation, Intuition, Spiegler(LSL), FS6, Yamaha, what else?
In Australia there's Oggy Knobs, made in Melbourne. I just bolted a pair of them on. They're one piece designs, and just bolt up with spacers and long bolts included. Took me all of 5 minutes to put them on and they look great. Photos will be arriving soon...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
BlackfazerFZ6 said:
In Australia there's Oggy Knobs, made in Melbourne. I just bolted a pair of them on. They're one piece designs, and just bolt up with spacers and long bolts included. Took me all of 5 minutes to put them on and they look great. Photos will be arriving soon...
Well, I like that name at least. I hear Australia has tons of riders, including a lot of women. I must visit some time!

·
Superbike Racer
72 Posts
karst said:
Well, I like that name at least. I hear Australia has tons of riders, including a lot of women. I must visit some time!
I'd like to see more people taking up bikes in Australia, but it's pretty cool. My first Christmas Toy Run last year was a blast, around 250 bikes turned out and we all raised around $1,000 for needy families.

During that run I only had my lil 250 Yammy, this year I will be on my black Fazer, and that WILL be fun!

(Sorry for going a bit OT...lol)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a heads up, I put on a pair of Motivation sliders on. They couldnt be any easier, remove one bolt, put on the sliders, and i'm ready to roll. strong enough to support my weight when i pressed on them. i hope i'll never have to use them. thanks for all the input.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts