Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 2004 Suzuki SV650S, and I wanted to add side fairings to it. So, I bought both sides on eBay (2pcs total) for a reasonable price and prior to painting them I tried to put them on to make sure they would fit. The top of the side fairing fits underneath the existing fairing near the handle bars perfectly, but where the hole on the side of the fairing is for the peg to go through does not line up with anything at all. There's also another hole where it should mount to the radiator, but that's about 1/2" off. I've looked at picture of my bike with and without the side fairings and the fairings and bike frame look the same. eBay's "select vehicle" said it was compatible with the SV650, but not the SV650S. The seller said it would work with the SV650S model. Does anyone know if there's a difference between the two, or maybe what I'm doing wrong? I didn't get a bracket/hardware kit yet, maybe there's something in that I'm missing to make this work? Please help!

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Most of those eBay fairings match up poorly. You may have to drill your own holes and do some fettling to get them to fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts