Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hows it going fellow 500r riders! I have a 2004 and have been experiencing some starting problems. I bought the bike about a month ago and when i bought the bike it would start and run great, but about two weeks ago it began to have problems starting, and now it wont start at all. After messing with it for a while and a lot of frustration, starting fluid, etc., I can sometimes randomly get it started, and it runs great until i let it sit overnight. When I try to start it the next morning nothing will happen. It turns over at a good rate but doesnt even sound like its trying to start most of the time and choke doesnt seem to make a difference. I live in colorado and it is early summer so i figured that it was the cold that was causing the problem at first, but now its 75 degrees everyday and the bike is warm, so apparently that is not the issue. I have replaced the battery, spark plugs, air filter, changed all the fluids, cleaned my fuel tank, and fuel pickups, and nothing seems to be helping the issue. I have pulled the spark plugs and it has good spark and when it's running it has good power and runs smooth, so i dont think its a compression or timing problem. I have checked the fuel bowl drains on the bottom of the Carbs and there is gas in the bowls. I have drained the bowls and they refill so its not a tankvalve problem. The only thing I can think of next is to pull my carbs off and completely clean them.

Any suggestions would be Greatly apriciated!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Clean the Carbs.

Reactions: lasermax
1 - 2 of 2 Posts