Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT A DECISION! So I am planning to complement my R1 with a nice yellow 2004 gixxer 750 but the dealer also this shiny blue 2004 ZX-10R sitting beside it that's tempting the hell out of me. What to do?? :confused:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I really love 750's but those zx-10r's are monsters. My suggestion buy the 750 and the zx-10 and sell that R1. Just make sure your front wheel doesn't break on that Kawi

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Contrast is the key to equilibrium.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I hear that the ZX-10s can be uncomfortable. But that would be a small price compared to the performance output. I'd probably go with the 750 though personally.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would buy the ZX-10 AND the GSXR750 and sell the R1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would prefer the Gix for tight canyon runs and the Z for easier esses and more straights. The Z I rode would get real goofy coming out of tight turns fast. Either one is fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'm just curious why you would want the ZX 10 when you already own a 04 R1. Why not get something that isn't so similiar, like a RC-51 or a TLR?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Boy, if I had the same problem I'd be a happy man. Anyway, The ZX10 is supposed to be the best liter bike out there and the Gixxer 750 is the "perfect compromise" between agility and power. So yeah, sell the R1 and get the two instead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
WurldRider said:
I would prefer the Gix for tight canyon runs and the Z for easier esses and more straights. The Z I rode would get real goofy coming out of tight turns fast. Either one is fun to ride.
Bought a 10 6 weeks ago and love it. A good steering dampner really helps smooth thing out when powering out of a corner. I could never figure out why it sisn't come with one like the other liter bikes. You can't go wrong no matter which way you go.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Spend a few weeks in Cambodia, Laos, North Korea and see how people live and you will not see a need beyond your 04 R1.

Worked for me when I went to Canton, China. After I got back I was liked Damm my 02 ZX9 is the baddest ass bike in city of 6 million and that is no joke.

Dont scream in excess of your money.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
freddie spencer race school

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ground Zero said:
Bought a 10 6 weeks ago and love it. A good steering dampner really helps smooth thing out when powering out of a corner. I could never figure out why it sisn't come with one like the other liter bikes. You can't go wrong no matter which way you go.

The roads we were riding weren't the best, it really needed a steering damper. But it was a lot more work too, trying to get it thru. The thing was in the tight twisties the Gix seemed more fun to ride, But you get into the open a bit the story changed. The Z's power is hillarious, the Gix was effortless and it will probably come down to " which one make you look less Fat." Both are really fun rides

·
Registered
108 Posts
ZX 10, no doubt

I recently sold one of my R1s and was going to buy ann RC51 however now
my next purchase will be the new 10. Dont get me wrong the gixxer is an awesome bike but the new 10 is just amazing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts