Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting my wife a new 600. Being out of the sportbike world for awhile, anything new compared to the 2002 models? Can anyone compare the GSXR to the CBR F4i for me? (which you would be able to ride more miles on ) We are in the upper 30 year range.
Thanks,
Doug

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
First question would be, how much experience does she have on bikes? If she has little to none, get her a Suzuki GS500F or Ninja 500r. If she does have a good amount of experience and you are looking for a good long distance bike, the F4i would be better, or get the GSXR and throw a Corbin seat on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has alot of experience (about 5 years and alot of miles )on bikes and is a very good rider. She had a Ninja 500, Kawasaki ZX-7, and a 2002 CBR 600 F4i, but sold the F4 after she got her V-Rod. We do love our V-Rods but miss riding sportbikes, which we would love to do when the mood strikes. Both types of bikes are great, they are just in a different kind of riding style. She would most likely ride it just on short rides when she feels frisky! I guess the comfort would not be important if she just goes on short rides.
Thanks,
Doug

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, I say go for the new GSXR. Or have you seen the pics of the new ZX-6R? It looks great! Or maybe even the 600RR instead of the F4i. Really she's gonna have to sit on all the bikes and just decide, they are all so close in performance, that it's just a matter of what SHE likes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would say the gixxer, but then again i ride a 04 gsxr 600, i sat on the f4i, and i like the gixxer better, but i havent road the f4i.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
GSXR and comfort are two different definitions! Gota love'em! :lol
I owen Two! :twofinger
The only complaint on the F4i's I have herd is the backlash in the drive train.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'd go w/the gsxr but then again I am biased.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hehe Have her sit on the two.. the 04 gsxr (IMO) is really comfortable compared to many others that I've sat on.. The new gel seat is really soft. But theres a lot more to the bike than the gel seat.. like many others its up to her..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts