Sport Bikes banner

2004 Gsxr 1000 forks on a 2001

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Veefer97 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 GSXR 1000 that I was riding the other night when some punk kids decided to throw a baseball sized piece of concrete at me as I rode by a not so nice section of town. It struck my front left fork, denting it pretty well.

I found a new set of forks for a good price locally. Only problem is they are for a 2004. However they are a complete fork set so I am thinking maybe they can be made to fit.

Is this possible?

Are they better forks than what came with my 2001?

Jamie

#2 ·
you'll also need to get the brakes from those forks.. other than that i don't see a reason as to why they wont fit. measure up the diameter of the forks up top where they mount compaired to yours.

i'd try it, and if you're getting a good enough deal, and they end up not working sell them on ebay for a little coin.

#3 ·
mgranzow said:
you'll also need to get the brakes from those forks.. other than that i don't see a reason as to why they wont fit. measure up the diameter of the forks up top where they mount compaired to yours.

i'd try it, and if you're getting a good enough deal, and they end up not working sell them on ebay for a little coin.

What He Said. But I'd check both the top and bottom. Sometimes the two measurements aren't the same.

Scott :)

#5 ·
I was told that forks for an 04 will not fit an '01 and vice versa. I did find a set of 01 forks on ebay for a good price. Go to ebay and type in GSXR 1000 forks and a good list will come up, they should be somewhere in the middle.

I am the opposite...I am looking for a set of '04 forks and I can't find any. Where did you find the set of '04 forks? I am in desperate need for them!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.