Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm currently looking at getting an 04 model (right now i have a suzuki sv650s)i don't mean to sound like a squid (even though i am) but do they only come w/ the 'banana' seats, the 03s and earlier seem to have single seats, i really dont like how the banana ones look, can they be replaced by aftermarket ones to look 'normal'? thanks

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I think you can but if I were you I would try and find an 03. I'm sure they are out there. My buddy just sold his for 6000. Had all this shit done to it also. I do like the black though on the new ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if your gonna be doing much lengthy riding you may appriciate the banana seat as the '03 and prior become a real pain in the a$$ after a few hours of riding.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can tell you that the new one piece seat for the 2004 F4i is VERY comfortable and is great for longer rides. :dblthumb

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just bought an o4 f4i i have the same question.. i want the single seat look like the 03.. i used to have a 954rr and i personally like the look and feel.. if anyone has some info on how to change .. let me know

·
The Premed
318 Posts
Yeah a lot of people who have the 00 F4's have done it. Buy a f4i sub frame and tail section of off ebay..shld be no more than 400.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
That banana seat make look goofy but, "Try it, You'll like it" especially on those longer rides

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also look into a Coorbin seat for the F4i 04 my 99 has the banana seat, and I was going to do the i updated cowl. But looked nice after my Corbin seat.

Before

After

1 - 9 of 9 Posts