Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a super clean 2002 Yamaha YZF R6 Supersport Bike. Clean title in hand ready for transfer as well. I acquired this bike in March 2004 with only 2600 miles on it. The bike now has 6200 and runs strong as new. The bike starts right up, shifts smooth, NO second gear problem at all, and is in near mint shape. Never dropped, wrecked or anything! This bike was my baby from the day I got her. She has also been waxed, kept clean, wiped down after every ride, and maintenance done on an above recommended level. I always used Yamalube engine oil and a Yamaha oil filter. The following is a record of what was done and when:
March 2004 – Get bike 2600 miles. Oil/Filter Change
September 2004 – 4600 miles. Oil/Filter Change
March 2005 – 5600 Miles. Oil/Filter Change. Adjust Chain Tension, Flushed and Replaced Radiator Coolant, Fresh NGK CR10EK Spark Plugs.
That is all the maintenance done till now. I have the old spark plugs, which showed the engine being tuned perfectly, not rich, not lean. All work was done by myself with the help of the owners manual and shop manual which is included in the auction. The bike runs flawlessly and is a blast to ride. Rear Tire is Dunlop D208 and is a good 75%, Front is D207 and is a good 50%.
The bike has quite a few extras on it, and it is extremely fast and fun. Those include:
Yoshimura RS3 Stainless Exhaust Slip-On
Fender eliminator with Short Stalk Clear Turn Signals.
Custom L.E.D License plate light mounted in the Undertail.
Factory Yamaha Solo Seat Cowl.
Seat cover for Stock rear seat, Red/Black.
Passenger Pegs Removed.
Exhaust Bracket.
Peg Feelers Removed.
Tank Pad.
All Reflectors Removed.
Custom mounted front Short Stalk Clear turn signals. (I had these on here before Lockhart Phillips had their mounting kit for sale. Mine are made from Aluminum, painted factory red and have a Lexan plastic cover over them so they won’t scratch)
Gas Tank Warning sticker Removed. (I did this the day after the photos were taken)
Yamaha Carbon Fiber Ram Air Covers.
Yamaha Carbon Fiber Frame Insert Covers.
ShoGun Frame Sliders.

Stock Parts Included:
Rear seat.
Passenger Pegs.
Peg Feelers.
Ram Air Covers
Frame Side Covers

Other EXTRAS include:
Factory Yamaha Service Manual.
2 Riding Jackets! One Red/White Yamaha leather Hein Gericke size 48 U.S. Was $450 new! Has full Body armor and zippers to zip up to leather pants. A size Large Red/Black mesh Yamaha Jacket with body armor for the hot days. Both are like new, never been down and look new!

This bike is extremely clean, fast, and great to ride. It doesn’t need any work, no fork seals leaking, doesn’t use a drop of oil, e.t.c. Just needs a rider. The only bad parts about this bike are as follows. After the start of my second season with her, I had the unfortunate notorious battery leak. I noticed it the day it happened and wiped all of the acid off the swingarm asap. It did however leave it shiner in the places it leaked. There is a small run on the bottom of the swingarm and two spots to the left of the shock. It is hardly noticeable since I got it up before it had time to sit. The second and last “bad” thing would be the gas tank. I had my stock exhaust of my old Cr250 sitting on a shelf above the R6, one day when the door to the garage was shut ( people door, not garage door) the exhaust fell off and hit on the tank. I just then put the tank pad over it and you can’t see it, and would never know it was there unless I told. These are minor things, one of which you can’t even see now, but I felt I would want to know if I were buying a bike, so there you go. That is the only flaws about her, there isn’t even a scratch on the headlights. I tried to keep her in showroom shape and it shows. With the aftermarket parts, it is one of the cleanest R6’s out there. Buyer will not be disappointed. Reason for selling, The brand new ZX-10R sitting next to her. As with all used vehicles, sold as is.

I can help with delivery of the bike, since I don’t ship, up to a 60 mile radius of zip code 61244. If that means delivery to your door or meeting you somewhere it doesn’t matter. Upon full payment a clean and clear Illinois title will be signed over to you for the bike. Delivery/pickup to be arranged after auction. If delivered, it will be on my day off of work, which varies week to week.

$5500

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts