Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday on my way home i like to open my bike up and cut through traffic. i was in 6th gear and the bike literally died on my it was still and but it kept cutting out and the throttel was not reponding it would in quick spurts. i pulled over and the bike wanted to turn over but couldnt cause it was idling to low so i sat there for a while and it started up. i opened it up again and the bike did the same exact thing about 3 miles down the road. again the bike started up and was able to make it home. i took it out today and it seemed to be ok but i didnt reach anything above 8k rpms. i thought the bike was over heating or something but my temp gauge only read 190 degrees and ive had it above that before and threw that idea out the window. im pretty new to the mechanics of a bike so i was wondering if any one could point me in the direction i need to look into

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
let's start with simple stuff,

battery, fuel, switches.

did the bike show any sign of electrical weakness, light dimming, starter motor sounding week, ect...

is your tank well vented, all your fuel lines in good condition, keep some carb clean with you, if the bike shows symptoms again see if the carb clean cures it.

is your kickstand falling down, or your switch faulty, also check your clutch switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts