Sport Bikes banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I don't really know what screws you're referring to, but there is no screw that can control fuel flow, just the opening of the butterflies.

Are the plugs oil or fuel fouled?

Blue arrow is the butterfly. The red is like a vaccuum adjustment needle. it controls the flow within the vacuum tubes i believe. red arrow is the one that the maual says not to adjust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I pulled the throttle bodies off and cleaned them really good. I also went and got some sticky gasket sealer to put between the tbs and the boots. I made sure all the butterflys were even. I also backed out the red arrow screws (see above) to one turn out.

She will idle high now :D . if i adjust the idle below 3000ish she will die. I am gonna give syncing the throttle bodies a try tomorrow. I'm thinking adjust the buterflys, then fine tune with the red arrow adjustments. Below is a video.... sorry for the audio lag

video 20138720221 - YouTube

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just got the new throttle bodies off ebay. What are these hoses? They arent on my current throttle body

FYI. They are used for a vapor return system. They create a vacuum which sucks excess gas vapors from the tank, through a charcoal filter, and into the throttle bodies. Just have to plug the hoses. If you have a cali bike you plug the hoses AND vent the tank.

Starter took a crap I went to start it. :( Getting the replacement soon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i have got some runt chicks that i am going to butcher next week anyway.

just post instructions on how you want them slaughtered, and which demonic power you want me to invoke while doing it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Turned out to be combination of the starter and the starter and the starter clutch. There are 3 small bolts that hold the starter clutch to the bottom side of the clutch basket. Those bolts seems to have fallen out and got tore up by the starter clutch. I only found one of the bolts and am unsure where the other ones went/if they were even in to begin with. My next step will be taking a look in the crankcase to ensure that they are not floating around in there. I will probably have to do this over christmas.

So far this bike has been a royal pain in the a##, but i have learned a ton about the bike and sportbikes in general. I intend on getting it running and fully restoring it now that I am so deep into the project. I also intend on updating this thread as i go along.

PS if anyone can get their hands on some unicorn blood please let me know.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
hmmm, unicorn blood, hmmmmm.

that might be a little tricky.

i think unicorn hunting tags are special drawing only tags.

could you use, deer, elk, coyote, bear, or wolf blood instead?, cause those are all over the counter tags.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm graduating college in the beginning of May. I'm looking to get an early 2000s busa. It's better for the girlfriend comfort-wise and we're looking at going on a long trip in may. At some point I think I'm gonna look into getting another 02 r1 because I know it so well now

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
02 yamaha r1 battery keeps dying after ridding all day and being off for just hrs iv replaced the battery 3 times,rectifer 3 times,stator once,i can jump the bike off and it will run if i hold the throttle at a idle but the second i release it ,it dies,took bike for 30 min ride after holding throttle and cut bike off and wont start again,also the fan is staying on even with key out the ignition.g

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I had this same issue with the TPS. Getting 4volts on both pins. It took me a while to figure it out but I found the solution. The TPS and one of the sensors on the back of the motor have the same 3 pin connector. The black connector that comes off of the fuel injector harness goes to the TPS. It should be black 3 pin female to black 3 pin male. I hade white 3 pin female to black 3 pin male. Switched them and code 15 was gone. Hopefully this may help someone in the future.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts