Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright peoples hi! I'm new to this forum or actually long time listener first time caller lol. But I have an 02 cbr f4i that i low side off of speed table. you have speed bumps, speed humps, and the bridge in the middle of the street raised cross walk whatever yea those thing launch you 30 feet at 40 mph besides the point tho. wrecked the bike not to bad of condition except for the no spark. Now I've checked the plugs and cleaned them up. they were not fouled. ive checked voltages on every sensor which the list would be.
-theft wire pink
- cam position sensor. (replaced that with a new one anywaysnothing wrong with it but did it anyways just to make sure it was 20 bucks :cheers )
-replaced stator cover.
checked all fuses (they are ALL good including that litte three pronged diode)
-yes gas in the tank
-the engine kill switch good
-kick stand goog and bypassed just to make sure
-BAS is good (bypassed that one to just to make sure
-voltage to the coil good
-coil ohming out correctly and they are good
***btw im not firing spark from all four spark plugs
-have compression
-tps sensor good
-map sensor good
-reset the ecm(nothing happend but the fuel pumped kicked on :banana soim deff. getting fuel. when i try to start it you can smell it.
-getting fuel.
-all relays are good
-battery (tested it with three brand new batterys) good.
-starter relay good
-head lights do not need to be plugged in to start the bike good
-least but not last the Kanuter valve is excellent condition :nanaparty

Question is. with all of these things good and no spark whats so ever i have this left crank pulse generator and ecm. which mine is an nonrestrictive ecm #38770-MBW-A12. to check the ecm can i use mine on a 01 cbr f4i? and if so and thats the case would it be able to start the 01 if its not bad? if its bad its not going to of course lol. and can i test it on a 06 as well. The other part is the crank pulse generator. it says i need a Peak voltage adapter which i dont have but theres gotta be a way to test it. you have to test in ac voltage which im in understanding of which put one lead in to the male connector and the other to ground and its suppose to be .7? which the cam sensor and the pulse generator are what tell (in conjunction with the ecm) to spark. now i have no 02 sensor as its a us model ecm. how do i check the ecm other than that? Oh and the theft wire is just a tade bit below 9v so thats good amd its not a hiss key (program key just regular the same on the 01 f4i)

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!! LOL. :fedup

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Did you look at the clutch lever? With dumping it, you may have tweaked the lever or the switch (assuming it has one), and that would cause a no spark. Also look for damage along the wiring loom, you may have mushed something and broken a wire internally. Look for pinch points along the steering column and wherever you have signs of crash damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you look at the clutch lever? With dumping it, you may have tweaked the lever or the switch (assuming it has one), and that would cause a no spark. Also look for damage along the wiring loom, you may have mushed something and broken a wire internally. Look for pinch points along the steering column and wherever you have signs of crash damage.
Hey thanks for the reply!! :banana
I forgot to add that in there parts replaced, clutch lever and perch, drive side rear set and stator cover forks are straight rim is in excellent condition along with rotors. Jumped the clutch still nothing. power and ground to everything. the cdi box or (computer) that combines crank pulse generator and cam position sensor that feed the box info to tell it when to spark if thats bad.... its gonna be an ouch lol. but i could test that on my buddies 01 f4i right? his is a cali model basically emissioned.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
is the fuel pump priming? headlights are turning on? I had a short somewhere due to a loose connection in the front that was preventing my headlights from coming on and my fuel pump wouldn't prime and that was no spark. Wouldn't even crank though, so probably not the problem. Try cbrforum.com, the F4i section is busier there than the fix it section here and the guys over there are pretty good at problem solving.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Anybody???? lol please help
Sorry, you are getting beyond my experience. If you have eliminated the battery, fuses, safety switches, ignition switch, kill switch, lever interlocks, coils, wires and plugs, you are left with electronic pickup (where points would be on an older bike) or the computer itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fixed!!!

Hey guys after running through all the sensor (the little stuff before big stuff lol) it was ultimately the computer! the computer not only controls the big itself but inside the F4I ECU is the CDI. Everything else was good except the part that tells the coils to fire. When I ran over power and grounds and voltages to sensors and ac voltage from cam pulsar position sensor and crank pulse generator that tells the coils when to fire everything checked out. last but not least was finding the CDI. did some digging because the service manual does not tell you where this part is located. called the dealership and after 30 minutes of them trying to get to bring my bike in they told me thats its integrated with the computer brilliant right? no.....buuuuuuuut picked up a new computer from craigslist for 40 bones! couldnt believe it it fired right up!! so f-ing happy right now thanks guys for the help manly for answering back lol. Ill post some pics i still need to get a rear fairing and front coel mainly plastics but thanks again!!!

p.s.
what i would like to see here and on other forums more often is when somebody fixes the problem write back and tell everybody what they found lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
and whats this about i can only load 1mb of photo? i dont understand this o_O
You can host it on photobucket.

I just read this. My thought was cracked ECU. Seems common after hard crashes. Makes buying a used one a tough proposition. Sounds like you lucked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts