Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in Dallas, Texas ~ and can deliver within 800 miles for about $150 in gas...

2001 Yamaha R1 ~ $4500
OBO

~Salvage Title ~

Bike just had the carbs tuned, runs like a CHAMP ... I've stripped this bike of everything nice, except for the D&D slip-on and put it on my other '01 R1.

I take Cash and Credit Card... first one with the money here gets it...

email me at [email protected] or PM Me

I'm also selling my 1999 Super Hawk for $3,500 :headbang
http://sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?p=26889#post26889

more pics to follow

Attachments

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Forks are straight? Why will it be a salvage title? How many miles? How many miles on the new parts? Have any previous pics of the damage?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you've got an email address I can send you the extra pics.

All I really had to replace was the upper fairing (which still isn't perfect), headlight (to get it rideable) and I threw on a new tank without the dent. The forks are straight. Damage seemed all cosmetic.

I picked it up off a towing service with a bill of sale but no title. Title will be most likely be salvage since the previous owner took an insurance payout on it after he wrecked. I'm going in Monday to clear that up and see if I can still get a clean title but either way it was a wrecked bike.

My mechanic (Jim Sabin of Sabin Performance here in Dallas) originally looked over the engine when he cleaned the carbs ...it's been great... better throttle response than my other 2001 R1.

BTW - sorry to hear about your GSXR getting stolen. That happened to me back in 2000. Had a brand new 2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this bike still available? I am in Kansas and my father owns a motorcycle shop in Texas, can he come by and look at it for me?

thanks,
-A

·
Registered
681 Posts
-Tony V- said:
TTT.....
Make me a serious Cash offer :D
Title status? If it comes in CLEAN, I'll go $2k and shipping to Milwaukee, WI.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ackgot said:
You can only buy Salvaged bikes in IL ONLY FOR PARTS, otherwise i would take it :)

even if it's registered and running on the street in another state?

that sucks, if so :hshot

of course I'll bite my tongue about Illinois' govt... :alky :lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
i would be all over it if i didn't live so far away i am looking for something like this i could do prob 4k and work out some shipping arrangements....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts