Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all not sure where exactly I should post this but wanted to get some advice from someone who knows what they're looking at and what a bikes really worth.
I found a 2001 SV650 on CL this morning for $2500 and emailed the seller to get some info on it. Tells me this:
-The bike has 25xxx miles on it.

-I have a clean title for it sitting on my desk

-The rear tire has probably 3000 miles on it

-The front has less than 300 miles
Upgrades (I guess?)
-solid foot peg assemblies.

-custom belly shroud

-paint job

-rear fairing delete

-flush front blinkers

-full exhaust

-520 chain conversion

THE BAD!
Torn seat, cracked windscreen (Bummer)
Custom Painted 2001 SV650S, SV 650 S
Theres the add. Advice would be great
Thanks guys!
-Kris

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Other than the fact that the colour it has looks way better on 2nd gens, I see no issue. It has of course clearly been down. No one paints a bike unless they crash it, and the windshield is the last thing he has to fix. His buddy didn't break that windscreen by dropping it. if he had, he would taken out the mirror as well, at least.

If the title is clear and it rides straight, I don't see a big issue with the price. Something in me is also saying that isn't a full hindle exhaust. but I dunno if my gut is right on that. looks like a slip-on to me, and I wasn't aware Hindle made a full exhaust for the SV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welp so much for that. Even cash in hand he says he's not quite comfortable letting someone test ride it. If I can't test I won't buy same with cars I fear.... maybe its being a mechanic, maybe it's being a stingy jerk who knows but if I can't take something for a spin I'm not gonna buy it.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
nope, something wrong with it then. no reason a guy can't test ride a bike with cash in his hands.

he's gonna have all kinds of fun selling that bike.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
A: Hi i have money, care i go for a test ride?

B: no.

A: Next

Move on, find a bike you can ride.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You'd be surprised how cheap you can get those bikes. I got mine--with similar miles and even better upgrades--for 2k, and it was an '08 model. I probably could have gotten the bike even cheaper but I felt like I was already robbing the poor woman.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yea, I got an 07 with 3800 miles for 2800 bucks. In mint condition. I wouldn't have paid more than 2 even if it hadn't been wrecked. Be patient!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Spring tax is in full effect. I sold my EX for $1600. No way I would have paid that for it. But whatevs. He wanted it. So like drummer said, be patient.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I, for one, thought the price a bit high for a crashed 2001.

I bought my wife's not-crashed 2002 for $2,900, two years ago.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
This topic reminds me how fucked the prices are here, for what amounts to a toy used for 6 months of the year (4 by most people).

My 1999 1gen was a STEAL at 3200 bucks.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This topic reminds me how fucked the prices are here, for what amounts to a toy used for 6 months of the year (4 by most people).

My 1999 1gen was a STEAL at 3200 bucks.
FUCK YOU. But whatever. Hopefully this speed triple works out. Then I won't be jealous. at least very much.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In November of 2010 I bought a '05 SV650 and it had an M4 exhaust, steel braided brake lines, full fairings and a couple more aftermarket addons

All for $2900...

There's also currently an '05 V-Strom (which is basically the same bike, set up for touring really) With a few addons itself going for $2500 near me..

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
FUCK YOU. But whatever. Hopefully this speed triple works out. Then I won't be jealous. at least very much.
Why would you be jealous?

I'd take your speedy over my SV650 (which I never really liked) any day of the week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts